Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Flag

Article about: Hey everyone, I found this flag in a storage locker that a friend asked me to clean out and my knowledge on flags is limited to the US 48 star flag. Here are some pictures of the flag. It is

Default German Flag

Hey everyone,
    I found this flag in a storage locker that a friend asked me to clean out and my knowledge on flags is limited to the US 48 star flag. Here are some pictures of the flag. It is 20" x 32". I'm just wondering where exactly this kind of flag would've been flown and if it was by any particular branch of the German military.
    German Flag

German Flag

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Flag
    P
    Many

Doubtful that it's military. It was the National Flag of Germany for 12 years, so it's more likely just a normal flag to hang on the wall or a podium, etc. As to if it's genuine of the period, closer clearer photos are needed, of course. Are there any edge strip markings on it?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Edge strip markings? You mean on the corners?

?

Is it normal for the swastika to be backwards on these?

I believe 'edge strip markings' would refer to the white area along the edge.

Quote by Bl00dSniper266 View Post
    Edge strip markings? You mean on the corners?
    On the halyard strip (the white edge strip) which the hanging thread is joined to. It looks to be up side down and back to front and I assume it is a printed version as the Swaz only looks correct from one side.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I doubt this has any military connection to it. It is more than likely just a standard civilian or civil flag.