Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

German flag

Article about: Hello, I got a new flag today. It was found in an attic here in Luxembourg. It's a selfmade one, the Hackenkreuz was painted/sprayed black. I think that's why there are black lines on the re

Default German flag

Hello,
    I got a new flag today. It was found in an attic here in Luxembourg. It's a selfmade one, the Hackenkreuz was painted/sprayed black. I think that's why there are black lines on the red. The flag isn't tall, I think its about 1 meter long.

What do you think about it?

Greetings from Luxembourg
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140916_172232.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	224.6 KB 
ID:	741616  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Flag looks good to me, however the black markings look odd

DEan O

Rather unusual flag. Although I can't positively vouch for it's authenticity I can say it certainly is an odd one.

I agree that it is a homemade flag. Without solid provenance, it is impossible to say whether this is or is not a period made piece.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I like it!!!!

I wouldnt touch it..it looks like its been artificially aged with spray paint....Even home made as has been said.As Bob said, its a leap of faith

It can be ww2 or post war, who knows. But I don't think that it is artificially aged, the painted/sprayed black color is deceased over the time.
    The only provenance I have is that it was found in an attic of an old woman.

?

The question i have, must be why someone should save a homemade flag, when there was 1000s of far better quality free for picking everywhere after Germanys surrender.

This flag would not be someting for me.
    Collect ROA, Cossack, Schuma and other WW2 Volunteer militaria.

"Be Humble and kind, for you may find that it was Odin you entertained"

I personally would not have it. I would never be sure of its provenance and I would soon become bored with telling the same, inconclusive story to anybody who sees it on display and asks about it.
    "You will never know the whole truth" ~ Erich von dem Bach-Zelewski

Because perhaps during the war someone put the flag in the attic an forgot it till today? There are always reasons and exceptions why such objects still exist.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast