Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German flag - any info would be appreciated and what is it worth?

Article about: Hello, A guy wants to sell me this flag. I generally collect US militaria but I am considering this flag to go with a display. What exactly do I have here? I believe it is a battle flag but

Default German flag - any info would be appreciated and what is it worth?

Hello,
    A guy wants to sell me this flag.
    I generally collect US militaria but I am considering this flag to go with a display.
    What exactly do I have here?
    I believe it is a battle flag but I am not great with German items.
    Also what is a fair price?
    The guy wants $350 for it.
    Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German flag - any info would be appreciated and what is it worth?   German flag - any info would be appreciated and what is it worth?  

German flag - any info would be appreciated and what is it worth?   German flag - any info would be appreciated and what is it worth?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German flag - any info would be appreciated and what is it worth?
    P
    Many

Here are a few more pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German flag - any info would be appreciated and what is it worth?   German flag - any info would be appreciated and what is it worth?  

German flag - any info would be appreciated and what is it worth?   German flag - any info would be appreciated and what is it worth?  

It looks a tad bit too new for my taste, I would personally pass. (Not an expert)

Although I am not an expert, the materials and construction look fine to me.
    That price for one of these is okay.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It's a original German War Flag could be KM used usually they have a KM Eagle over M stamp somewhere on them. Price is good as stated as these war flags bring a little more than a standard party flag. Hopefully some of the flag guys will come along on the marks. timothy

Hello Anton67 although I too am no expert I agree with Ralph. It would appear to be a good kriegs flag in a nice size too. For comparison there is one very similar to it for sale on wittmans militaria site, but I can t say for sure of the value. Best of luck and regards.

Brian

Looks like a Heer/Luftwaffe battle flag

Looks fine-no red flags (pun intended). It's a well made and maker marked Battle Flag in a super size for display. It's not a Naval flag, but just a nice normal Kriegs Fahne in excellent condition that could have been any number of different places. The colors are nice and bright and it has no holes. $350 is a decent price. Offer him a straight $300 for it-if he takes it, you've got a fine deal. If he Doesn't? Then it's still a fair price.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you for all your help.
    As far as it looking new, it is more yellowed than it appears in the photos.
    I got it for $350.
    He actually wanted $375 but came down to $350.
    I looked at some of the websites where they sell German Militaria and noticed them (in this size which is desirable and condition) go from $350-$500.
    Looks like i did OK.
    Thank you again for all your help.

Quote by Heavington View Post
    It looks a tad bit too new for my taste, I would personally pass. (Not an expert)
    Like new condition is not always an indicator that an item is a reproduction. I have a number of genuine pieces in my collection that exhibit no age due to the fact that they have been well stored and cared for since 1945. Judgement comes with study, handling of original items and understanding period construction and markings.
    As to the flag, it is a fine period original example which has been voiced by my collegues.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast