Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German State Flag

Article about: Hello, At an antique store I stumbled upon a Nazi state flag. I don't know if it is real, but I would appreciate any knowledge that can be shared on it and if it is worth \\$95. There was a Na

Default German State Flag

Hello,

At an antique store I stumbled upon a Nazi state flag. I don't know if it is real, but I would appreciate any knowledge that can be shared on it and if it is worth $95. There was a Nazi armband that I will put in another post.

Thanks!

German State FlagGerman State FlagGerman State FlagGerman State FlagGerman State Flag

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German State Flag
    P
    Many

Not liking the detail on this flag and maker label looks wrong

If authentic, a flag like that is probably going to run in the $475 to $500 range to give you some perspective for how low the antique store has priced it, which makes me think they may not be confident on its originality. I want to agree with kradman on this one, the printing quality particularly on the black areas, the slightly deformed looking swastika on the eagle emblem, the black circle on the roundel, look badly done. Quality did vary on these though. I have some pause on that the construction on the white rope sleeve looks like this one:

help... do you think this German state flag is original?

The Gosh tag seems odd, but I can't comment on if it would have been on these or not, or if that's an authentic one. All I can say is that the only gosh flags I recall seeing have been party flags. A Gosh flag is a naval jack flag. As far as I understand it, the Nazi naval jack was essentially a national/party flag.

It is bad.

Look at the printing, it is out of line. Each side should match but these are offset. Never mind the label.

Cheers, Ade
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

60x90? The kiss of death.....Not good.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks for the help guys, I was suspicious but glad I have some confirmation. And Ade, the picture was taken on an angle so maybe that made it look worse. Either way the detail on the printing does look bad.