Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German WW2 banner top

Article about: The seller is stating that this piece is authentic. If it is can anyone give me a value. Thanks in advance. Mike

?

Default German WW2 banner top

The seller is stating that this piece is authentic. If it is can anyone give me a value. Thanks in advance.

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images German WW2 banner top  German WW2 banner top  German WW2 banner top 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German WW2 banner top
    P
    Many

Default Re: German WW2 flag pole

Hi Perry,

I'd be very wary of this early NSDAP finial, they are heavily faked. Are those the dealers photo's or yours? Either way they're not really good enough for making a decision on an item that retails at $40-$50 fake or $450-$550 original. You'll have to get better ones and then ask someone like Bob Coleman for his opinion i think.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thanks Ned. They are the sellers pictures. I would get better ones and post them if I try to buy it. He is below what your estimate is for a real one but well over your estimate for a fake one. Do you know of any marks or what I need to look for on an original.

Thanks
    Mike

Quote by Perry View Post
    Thanks Ned. They are the sellers pictures. I would get better ones and post them if I try to buy it. He is below what your estimate is for a real one but well over your estimate for a fake one. Do you know of any marks or what I need to look for on an original.

Thanks
    Mike
    Sorry Mike i don't know what markings should be on it, that's where Mr. Coleman comes in! I do believe that original ones were chrome plated, gilded or made of tombak. All the fakes are aluminium, but hey, maybe some of the real ones were too, i just can't say i'm afraid!

You must get greater detail from this guy, photo's up close head on and clear and any description of makers marks etc. If he's on the level one would think he would be glad to help, if not, i'd leave it.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.