Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

GI Signed Flag Center

Article about: Recently picked up this German Flag center signed by 19 American GI's. A member of Facebook confirmed so far that 4 of the signers(I'm sure more will be found in the registry) were part of H

Default GI Signed Flag Center

Recently picked up this German Flag center signed by 19 American GI's. A member of Facebook confirmed so far that 4 of the signers(I'm sure more will be found in the registry) were part of HQ CO 8th infantry, 4th div. One signer wasn't in the register, so will have to get his file to see who he fought with.

So far in researching on fold3, I found 2 were sergeants and another was a 1st sergeant and one was a technical sergeant. Also one signed LT, but I can't figure out the name John something

GI Signed Flag CenterGI Signed Flag CenterGI Signed Flag CenterGI Signed Flag CenterGI Signed Flag Center

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement GI Signed Flag Center
    P
    Many

Love it! Thanks for showing
    almost identical to mine!!

MAP
    ?

Fantastic piece....I got one too! LoL

But no where near as nice.....

GI Signed Flag Center
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Were you able to nail down what division and stuff the soldiers fought with? I think next I need to another a GI signed one that has the actual red flag part with it too.

MAP
    ?

If you go to the NARA database and search a few names it will give you some basic enlistment information....but not units. But it is the first step in the research

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    If you go to the NARA database and search a few names it will give you some basic enlistment information....but not units. But it is the first step in the research
    Oh i know, thanks. My reply above was for the other guy if he had researched his flag.

Also is yours a arm band or full-size .. I like it, especially how they documented that it was captured.

MAP
    ?

Mine is a mid sized flag

Quote by Yanks12025 View Post
    Were you able to nail down what division and stuff the soldiers fought with? I think next I need to another a GI signed one that has the actual red flag part with it too.
    Nup

Very nice, I love GI signed items, if you ever want to sell it give me a shout!!