Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hello - Help Needed

Article about: My grandmother recently passed away and she left me this German flag (see attached pic). I understand my grandfather brought it back after the war (he was captured at Dunkirk and spent the w

Murada
    ?

Default Hello - Help Needed

My grandmother recently passed away and she left me this German flag (see attached pic). I understand my grandfather brought it back after the war (he was captured at Dunkirk and spent the whole war as a POW in Poland). Anyone any ideas what it is?Hello - Help Needed

2. # ADS

Default Re: Hello - Help Needed

It's a pennant from the the BDM (Bund Deutscher Mädel, i.e. "League of German Girls").

I would tentatively identify it as a Jungmädelgruppenwimpel, i.a. pennant for a Group of the Jungmädel ("Young Girls", the BDM's junior branch), but I could be wrong there as this is not my area of expertise.

Other members may be more knowledgable about this subject.

Murada
    ?

Default Re: Hello - Help Needed

Thanks very much for the quick reply - I wonder how on earth he ended up with that! He also left an iron cross and bayonet which is in ok condition (I am presuming that is german too). I will post a pic of them when I dig them out.