Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

help... do you think this German state flag is original?

Article about: Hi Everyone I am very interested in ww2 relics and have acquired a German state flag however I am not sure if it's original or not. It appears well used and is in quite poor condition. The m

?

Default help... do you think this German state flag is original?

Hi Everyone

I am very interested in ww2 relics and have acquired a German state flag however I am not sure if it's original or not. It appears well used and is in quite poor condition. The material feels quite thin but I guess than can be expected due to its age. There are some numbers on it 505950 and no 5466890? And also a name which I can't make Out, finishes in 'ial'

Measures about 20" x 37"

Any ideas?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture help... do you think this German state flag is original?   help... do you think this German state flag is original?  

help... do you think this German state flag is original?   help... do you think this German state flag is original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement help... do you think this German state flag is original?
    P
    Many

I cannot explain the stamped ink numbers. They seem to cover a makers mark at one end. But it looks original.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Could you show all the printed markings on it
    and give us an idea of the size.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Many thanks for the replies,

From when I measured the dims are around 50 x 94 cms (approx.)

From what I can see he flag may have been folded for some time and has got some wet damage, could have been for a prolonged period of time, will try and take some more close up pics of the markings

There is what appears to be a makers name on the flag ended 'ial' but cant make out the beginning, any ideas???

?

I there, I was wondering if someone could please provide me with an approx value on this flag?

Quote by Chrisl View Post
    I there, I was wondering if someone could please provide me with an approx value on this flag?
    welcome to the forum. Please note we are an educational forum and not a free appraisal service. May I suggest you visit dealer's sites to get some idea of what retail would be.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Sorry Bob I didn't mean to offend anyone, I have keen interest in ww2 relics, the only reason why I was asking regarding values is another collector has asked for a trade on a German M35 helmet and was wondering if it was a good deal or not, I am certainly not in it for the money!

I have always has a keen interest and the German articles interest me the most, I am new to this and was just after some advice

Nice Reichdienst Flagge mate ,but if someone wanted to swop an 100% ORIGINAL M35 for it ,Personnally I would snatch their hand off ,Cheers Paul

Quote by Chrisl View Post
    Sorry Bob I didn't mean to offend anyone, I have keen interest in ww2 relics, the only reason why I was asking regarding values is another collector has asked for a trade on a German M35 helmet and was wondering if it was a good deal or not, I am certainly not in it for the money!

I have always has a keen interest and the German articles interest me the most, I am new to this and was just after some advice
    No problem. We get a lot of people who come to the forum, give no support financially or post wise and join only with the intent of using us and then never being heard from again. Nothing personal intended. We hope you can stay and be a good contributing member.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Some fakes from the 70's are '60 X 90'. I'm suspicious
    about the large code numbers and their purpose
    - to obscure the markings underneath ?

Can we see the stamped markings in the
    middle section...........?
    Regards,

Steve.