Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

help. unusual N.S.K.O.V pole top with named towns in Belgium and Germany. dealer baffled.

Article about: by britrecko The pics do show the word RECHT in larger script than malmedy, so a legal usage may be correct. Trust me, it's a geographical designation. The village of Recht is only 15 kilome

Default Re: help. unusual N.S.K.O.V pole top with named towns in Belgium and Germany. dealer baffled.

Quote by britrecko View Post
    The pics do show the word RECHT in larger script than malmedy, so a legal usage may be correct.
    Trust me, it's a geographical designation. The village of Recht is only 15 kilometers away from Malmedy.
    Moreover, while "Recht" does indeed also mean "law", "right", "justice" etc., as a native speaker of German, I can assure you that the combination "Kameradschaft Recht" does not make the slightest bit of sense other than in a geographical context.

Quote by britrecko View Post
    Col Pieper was brought to trial for the massacre after the war and was aquitted so does this word Recht on the flagpole show support. .
    Again, no; see above. Anyway, why would a sign of support connected to a post-war trial be present on a Third-Reich era flagpole top?

Furthermore, allow me to remark that Peiper was not acquitted, but sentenced to death, which was subsequently turned into a life sentence until he was prematurely released in 1956.
    Still, the Malmedy trial and the question of Peiper's guilt or innocence in this and other incidents are an entirely different issue and, like the matter of Allied shootings of prisoners, should really be left out of this thread altogether as they are of no significance here and can only lead to unnecessary controversy and the thread straying off-topic.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement help. unusual N.S.K.O.V pole top with named towns in Belgium and Germany. dealer baffled.
    P
    Many

Default Re: help. unusual N.S.K.O.V pole top with named towns in Belgium and Germany. dealer baffled.

What if the pole top/finial designates veterans of the Koln/Aachen area, perhaps a locally raised regiment, that fought and were wounded in battle around the Recht/Malmedy region during WW1? Is that a remote possibility?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I agree that the wording has no meaning except a geographical location of the flag's unit. What is odd is the fact that the NSKOV fahne had a corner patch which named the location of the unit. The work is definitley period done. Odd feature that may have been added to the top by the pole manufacturer in order to indicate the unit it was destined for. Here is an example of a NSKOV corner patch for reference.help. unusual N.S.K.O.V pole top with named towns in Belgium and Germany. dealer baffled.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hi
    thanks for the link : Recht - Wikipédia
    I have made a search on the "V.B Straßen-Atlas von Deutschland (1937)" and don't found a village with such name.
    Maybe is the scale of my map too big...
    Sorry

As already mentioned, I think the whole issue of the naming is nothing to do with the events of late 1944, but more to do with strengthening links back with Germany due to the changes made to the border in this contested part of the world. 1940-1945 this was again part of the Reich.

Cheers, Ade.

The village of Recht can be clearly seen on a google map quest search. It is only a few kilometers from Malmedy.
    I think Ade's mention of an organisational structure as written in his replies is compelling.
    The help in understanding the mention of town names on the poletop is still of interest since, i cannot find evidence of another poletop with town names.
    Thanks to all of the correspondents who participated in this exchange.
    Is there a commercial advantage to this particular item or should it be suspect?
    I will be selling it locally as i offload my collectibles due to downsizing my dwellings. i will not misrepresent what i sell.

I think having the names on the banner top is interesting and maybe if the right person see it, it might command a little extra cash? On the other hand, it could equally frighten off those who only want "textbook"!

It could really do with some serious research via original documentation, if this this exists...

Cheers, Ade.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2