Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hi, everyone- Newbie here wondering about a banner-

Article about: Hi, everyone- first time poster and very happy to find this forum. I am enclosing pictures- the only ones available- and am wondering about authenticity and age estimates, if possible. It's

Hi, Neil- thanks. The original seller was asking 70.00, which seemed to me to be a fair price, and I imagine he might take less. I liked the funky vintage look- from my perusals of sales ads it appears I can get something really nice, and authentic, starting at around 200.00.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hi, everyone- Newbie here wondering about a banner-
    P
    Many

Thanks, Wagriff!

If the roundel is/was the only original piece in this,
    all it would take is a trip to the fabric store to buy
    a yard and a half of red cotton material.........
    Regards,

Steve.

MAP
    ?

IMHO...save up the $ and buy a nice item. You will then have something 100% original. But if you want to use it as a backdrop for helmets or daggers or something, then it should be fine.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks, Walkwolf- here's a thread I found recently that applies to a point Neil brough up earlier in this thread, titled " Did the Nazis change the Swastika's orientation at some point from square to diagonal, or were they both valid in Nazi Germany?" https://www.quora.com/Did-the-Nazis-...n-Nazi-Germany

I am making my way through the 25 pages of threads on flags and banners here and learning a lot.

Thanks, Map- good advice. I am most interested in the simpler, common items that a German citizen would see every day under the Third Reich. Such items seem to be plentiful and reasonably priced.

MAP
    ?

Nice idea to focus on an area. Best way to learn and become an expert.

Again. Welcome to the forum.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks, MAP.

?

Welcome to the Forum! Sage wisdom being given and thrown about by many. Good people on here and glad you joined us. You will find good guardians and stewards of each other and the hobby here. I am not crazy about the roundel. $70.00 in the piggy gets you 1/3 there to a nicer cloth keepsake. There are many decent podium banners with fringes out there and also some salty battle flags for reasonable money. My advice is to hold on a bit. Ultimately your call.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Thanks, Rossi - sound advice. New to the hobby and am very impressed at the quality and quantity of items out there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast