Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Home made NSDAP Flag

Article about: I recently bought a lot from a Vet's estate. Everything was packed away in 4 German ammo crates that he labeled and mailed home. They sat untouched in the crates for the past 70 years. This

MAP
    ?

Default Home made NSDAP Flag

I recently bought a lot from a Vet's estate. Everything was packed away in 4 German ammo crates that he labeled and mailed home. They sat untouched in the crates for the past 70 years.

This was one of the pieces. On the surface it obviously appeared to be homemade. Double sided. But when you look closer you can see that at one point in time there was a full machine stitched roundel that was removed. Not sure why this was done and replaced with this crudely made swastika. There is however no doubting it was period done given the provenance of the Lot.

An interesting piece for sure.

Home made NSDAP Flag

Home made NSDAP Flag

Home made NSDAP Flag

Home made NSDAP Flag

Home made NSDAP Flag

Home made NSDAP Flag
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Home made NSDAP Flag
    P
    Many

?

Did he happen include any russian volunteer stuff with that crate?
    I ask since i believe i have seen pics of crudely made swas like this when roa/rona men are on it. That/those pic with similar swas are on the loose old laptop hd, so i cant post what i try to explain.

Interesting piece this is. No idea either what this represents
    D.

Yes interesting flag, not sure it would be such a "bad" swas. Here is a picture of my grandfather with a captured homemade flag in Belgium winter of 44/45. Crudely made but very different from yours.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Home made NSDAP Flag  

?

There were some truly awful efforts about... at a time when the thing was everywhere, one would expect almost everyone to be a bit of an expert in recreating them, but such amateurish versions can be found in period photographs.

As for the previously removed circle on this example, perhaps the cross (made from a limited amount of available cloth) looked a bit lost on the original, so a reduced version was fitted in its stead.
    Just a thought.

Nice item with history,
    Bob

I really like the crudeness of the item. I would have it my collection and seeing the whole collection it is a genuine period item.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Thanks everyone for your feed back.

No Eastern / Russian items....sorry. This Vet I think spent most of his service western Germany in an Ordinance Supply company (way behind the lines and also post war Army of Occupation).

The piece is period, no doubt about that. I see different stitching thread (white and black) so the item may have been resized. At the top there is a loop for a pole.

Interesting for sure. I like it! A nice interesting piece that will display well.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It's a "head scratcher" for sure. I can't look at it anymore because it's starting to drive me crazy trying to figure why this was done & by whom. If there was no provenance...one could maybe figure some post war tampering. But being it is period....

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    It's a "head scratcher" for sure. I can't look at it anymore because it's starting to drive me crazy trying to figure why this was done & by whom. If there was no provenance...one could maybe figure some post war tampering. But being it is period....
    Yes. that is the thing. But this was all mailed home in the ammo crates with all the other stuff and left untouched for 70 years. So it's one of those "don't tell me they wouldn't have done it" pieces.

That's the way to buy stuff Michael. I just love the old peculiar stuff that comes in an untouched bundle.
    Nice pick up.

Cheers
    Doug

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast