Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

How Do You Store Your Flags?

Article about: I used to hang it on the bar but the wife didn`t like it. I don`t like to fold it because it gets creases in it, so this is how I store it now. Keeps moths away from it too.

?

Default How Do You Store Your Flags?

I used to hang it on the bar but the wife didn`t like it. I don`t like to fold it because it gets creases in it, so this is how I store it now. Keeps moths away from it too.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How Do You Store Your Flags?   How Do You Store Your Flags?  

How Do You Store Your Flags?  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How Do You Store Your Flags?
    P
    Many

Default Re: How Do You Store Your Flags?

Hi Pierre , i think is the same problem of all collectors , the wife or the girls don't like german stuffs , especially ww2

the best place for the flag , on the wall !! the same for the plaques , on the wall

Pierre

The tube deal you've got going there looks like it'll work fine,what do you reckon?

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

rolling it like that should be fine. Don't know about the tube. It's gotta be acid free if you do use it. Otherwise it can damage the cloth. Also cloth needs to have air so it can't be rolled too tight. One thing that we did at the museum I worked at is put real light cloth on both sides of it and than rolled it so it did not just touch itself. It also needs to be periodically taken out to air and reroll a different direction so it cannot in many years time become brittle.