Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Huge Kriegs Flag - Looking for more info

Article about: Hi everyone. I recently purchased this large battle flag which you can see has some serious damage. I'm wondering if anyone can explain to me why this one doesn't have the six row stitching

Default Huge Kriegs Flag - Looking for more info

Hi everyone. I recently purchased this large battle flag which you can see has some serious damage. I'm wondering if anyone can explain to me why this one doesn't have the six row stitching reinforcements.

This flag does not have the reinforcement stitching which I know made them survive the elements better when being flown outdoors. Is it possible that this is just a large indoor banner? Also, there are no makers mark or size info on this flag. It's possible that they wore off but I can't tell if they were there in the first place.

I'm definitely going to resell this flag as I have a much smaller one in great shape already in my collection. Any info would be helpful. Thanks!
    Huge Kriegs Flag - Looking for more infoHuge Kriegs Flag - Looking for more infoHuge Kriegs Flag - Looking for more infoHuge Kriegs Flag - Looking for more infoHuge Kriegs Flag - Looking for more info

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Huge Kriegs Flag - Looking for more info
    P
    Many

maybe one for everyday use, i think its the Kriegsmarine marked eagle over M you can say was used at sea by the marine, these are the ones with extra reinforcement on the end for serious weather damage! i will stand corrected tho and the other guys here will let you know for sure.

no problem with an original not having reinforcement on the end!

very nice flags!

HJ-C is correct. The 6 row reinforcement stitching is seen almost exclusively on Navy flags. This flag that you have is simply a so-called Battle Flag not made to be flown but simply hung and displayed. If a flag is intended to be hung out a window as a banner, it doesn't need the reinforcing.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Could not agree more with previous posts. Damaged or not, it has a lot of Character.
    A nice displayable flag.

Cheers
    Nuno

?

Good to see this one is in good hands.

Thanks for all of the replies. This one is going in the classifieds. It's just too big for me.

- - ------- - -

Thanks for all of the replies. This one is going in the classifieds. It's just too big for me.