Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Information Rad flag/Standarte Berend Jacobsen Karpfanger

Article about: HI .I have always found the history relating to the 2nd world war of great interest. So when I recently went to a house clearance auction, I couldn't believe it hanging up for sale was a Rad

?

Default Information Rad flag/Standarte Berend Jacobsen Karpfanger

HI .I have always found the history relating to the 2nd world war of great interest.
    So when I recently went to a house clearance auction, I couldn't believe it hanging up for sale was a Rad flag/standard. I am not a collector but I ended up buying it . I would like to find out more information about this, and add the honour name to any members who are cataloguing the names .
    The flag measures 120cm x 120cm, base red cloth with a large black swastika and the rad shovel emblem within an enclosed wreath and silver twist cord to the edges. There are pin holes where it was attached to the pole. It has an honour name Berend Jacobsen Karpfanger. I would appreciate if anybody has any information its value, where this unit may have served etc.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Information Rad flag/Standarte Berend Jacobsen Karpfanger
    P
    Many

"Berend Jacobsen Karpfanger" (a 17th century admiral) was the honor name of RAD-Abteilung 3/173, which was based on the island Neuwerk. The Volunteer Labor Service had already been working in Neuwerk since 1932. Construction for the new RAD barracks camp began in March 1935; it was opened in June 1935.

The unit was engaged in land reclamation work that was part of a plan to connect Neuwerk to the mainland.

It was subordinate to RAD-Gruppe 173 (HQ in Otterndorf), which in turn was subordinate to Arbeitsgau XVII Niedersachsen-Mitte (HQ in Bremen).

Sorry, we don't do valuations.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 10-13-2018 at 11:14 AM.

?

Looking forward to seeing images of this.
    Well done!

All the best and welcome to this outstanding forum!

Bob