Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just picked up this flag, curious on some opinions.

Article about: Picked this flag up from a friend and massive NSDAP flag collector. In my opinion it is a legit piece, and of my friend, but as always I wanted to post it up here to see what everyone else t

Default Just picked up this flag, curious on some opinions.

Picked this flag up from a friend and massive NSDAP flag collector. In my opinion it is a legit piece, and of my friend, but as always I wanted to post it up here to see what everyone else thinks. It's made of cotton. The fabric has the same feel as my other period cotton pieces, such as Volkssturm armband. Fairly light material, also quite soft. The weave looks period. Furthermore please note that the white areas of the fabric are slightly yellowed when viewed in person. The lighting of the photographs make it appear to be bright white, but it is off white/yellowed. Thanks again everyone.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just picked up this flag, curious on some opinions.
    P
    Many

Looks ok to me

ok to me too.

Just curious on what things you look for when identifying these flags to be real/fake? Also, what type of flag is this? Battle flag of some sort?

Quote by RailwayEagle View Post
    Just curious on what things you look for when identifying these flags to be real/fake? Also, what type of flag is this? Battle flag of some sort?
    Construction and size are the main pointers. The flag is for a government building or office.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Are there any markings along the white
    edge, and also, could you give us
    the dimensions.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

60x90,you think, Steve?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Well that would be a very bad sign (!) but it appears to be a little
    larger from the pics. The way it is printed - the bleeding of
    the images - makes me curious, as well as the lack
    of re-enforced stitching along the edges.

It is of course a State flag.......
    Regards,

Steve.

Looks good to me too. Size is a good starting point as mentioned, because there are known sizes for most of these out there. Fakes will sometimes have stamps with sizes that do not match known examples, which can make for an easy identification of a fake. The way it's stitched together helps (for instance battle flags have reinforced edges where rows of stitching were added to strengthen the flag, so battle flags without that raise flags 'pardon the pun'), and the material it's made of are others I look for.

And, if you have one in hand, smell is another way to reinforce what you already have determined. If something smells like new textiles, or if it doesn't have that signature smell of old cloth, it bears further examination.

I'm not too certain about this flag. The stitches, for example, look awfully clean and bright. Personally, I would need to inspect it in hand.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast