Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

K.u.k Flag

Article about: WW2 German KUK (?)* Flag, brought home by British soldier in 1946 when he was in Austria. Ripped, torn and bayoneted by British Troops, it's in a poor state, I love this flag. Found in field

Default K.u.k Flag

WW2 German K.U.K (?)* Flag, brought home by British soldier in 1946 when he was in Austria.

Ripped, torn and bayoneted by British Troops, it's in a poor state, I love this flag.

Found in field of mud... it's lucky to have survived.

*This is what I was told when I got the Flag..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K.u.k Flag   K.u.k Flag  

K.u.k Flag   K.u.k Flag  

K.u.k Flag  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K.u.k Flag
    P
    Many

?

What is KUK?

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    What is KUK?
    I think it's a "Old Boys, Mariners, Veterans" group or some thing.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austro-Hungarian_Navy

Unless you can find some markings, I doubt this has anything to do with K.u K. Since K. u K. stands for Kaiserlich und Königlich, this would represent pre war.
    It looks like a typical Nazi flag that has been through a war.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Nice flag. I bet your missus would go ape-sh*t if she saw that draped on that clean towel in the bathroom.!

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Unless you can find some markings, I doubt this has anything to do with K.u K. Since K. u K. stands for Kaiserlich und Königlich, this would represent pre war.
    It looks like a typical Nazi flag that has been through a war.
    Ralph.
    Hi Ralph, it's just what I was told by the chap who I got it from, he said his Grandfather who was stationed in Austria, said it was a K.U.K flag

Also said that there wasn't much stuff lying around, as there was a huge clean up of any thing that was left by the American and British soldiers.

Anything with the Swastika, Hitler, Street signs and any other stuff, bayonets and the like, all had to be handed in and destroyed.

So this little flag has done well to survive..

It's neatly folded up and put on my bookshelf

It is possible the national flag was displayed in a KUK facility alongside their organizational flag. However, without any special markings, this is just conjecture.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.