Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

KRETA flag...

Article about: Hello all! Many years ago i found this weird flag in a local antique shop... You can imagine how low my jaw dropped when i saw the FJ eagle and under it the word ~KRETA~. Sadly i had no mone

Default KRETA flag...

Hello all! Many years ago i found this weird flag in a local antique shop... You can imagine how low my jaw dropped when i saw the FJ eagle and under it the word ~KRETA~. Sadly i had no money at that time and i had to let it go... Ever since noone was able to tell me more about it so i would like to ask you too... Have you ever heard about it? Any info is more than welcome as this particular flag is the Holy Grail for me...

The flag was in it's original card box!

Could this flag be a post war fiction creation? (that would bring my mind at ease)

Cheers,
    Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KRETA flag...   KRETA flag...  

KRETA flag...   KRETA flag...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KRETA flag...
    P
    Many

Default Re: KRETA flag...

hmm actually i dont know if its post war or not but seems interesting

Hi, its possible.... but i have not seen any reference to the existence of a flag of this kind being use there.
    Are there any papers to flag? how it got to the shop, where was it found originally......
    You have any close ups of the flag, any stamps, markings?
    Personally i dont like it much.
    Cheers
    Nuno

Junk looks like to me.
    chris

First time seen one and thats make me thinking not positive.maybe there is one who knows better

Possibly a Veterans Flag or just fantasy junk.
    Morris

Not a veterans organisation flag as it has the Swastika, and though I have not seen one of these before, my gut feeling says fantasy item, so a good thing you did not buy it IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks guys! If this one proves to be a 4th Reich piece i'd be very happy! Is any research possible on this item? I tried online but no luck!!

The crude swastika and the bulldog faced eagle would be a huge red flag to me on this one. I doubt very much that the FJ's would have had such a cartoony emblem on their Regimental flag....I think that you can rest easy that this flag is jus postwar rubbish for the rubes...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Far from being a flag expert but I would have thought that the material would have been a bit rougher..... if you know what I mean. It does not look period to me and the fallshirmjager insignia in particular smacks of a post war (possibly 60/ 70s) fantasy item. Cheers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast