Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

kriegsmarine flag

Article about: hi guys got this today, seems to be ok. marked but has a two holes in er......is \\$300 an ok price?

Default kriegsmarine flag

hi guys got this today, seems to be ok. marked but has a two holes in er......is $300 an ok price?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture kriegsmarine flag   kriegsmarine flag  

kriegsmarine flag   kriegsmarine flag  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement kriegsmarine flag
    P
    Many

Default Re: kriegsmarine flag

We need a photo

EDIT: photo has now been uploaded by OP.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

I would say that 300 bucks is too much for that in that condition. There is something about that flag that I don´t like, I don´t like the colours (the very intense black vs rest of the flag which appears well used). The photos seem to be a bit grainy, right? It may be genuine, but I would pass.

I may of course be wrong, am no flag expert
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

what about the markings?.bob coleman should weigh in on this .il try to get better pictures

Ask Bob when he comes online.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

I don't believe this is Kriegsmarine unless you didn't show pictures of all the markings.

Luke

I agree that some better pictures are required. This flag was used by all branches of the Wehrmacht and not the Kriegsmarine exclusively. All naval flags are stamped with an eagle and"M". I do not like to discuss values but I agree that the price is quite high for a flag with this damage.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

i will post better pics now
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture kriegsmarine flag   kriegsmarine flag  

kriegsmarine flag  

Judging by it's construction, it looks to be genuine. I do not like
    the fact that it has such large holes in it - which seems
    rather odd when the rest of it is mint.........
    Regards,

Steve.

It's genuine, but Not a Navy flag. Most KM flags will have some sort of "Eagle and M" stampings, etc on them. As has been stated, the battle flags were flown by many and various groups in German. The condition, however, is the sinker here. The 2 holes are Large and detracting. As for what caused them, is anyone's guess. They do Not look like mothing, so they could be anything from deliberate bullet holes to an idiot poorly storing and ripping 2 hunks off of it by accident. If it had Been intact, the $300 price would have been fair, but as it sits, I would, unfortunately, have to say less than $100. Best if you can return it if possible.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast