Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine flag

Article about: I know this is going against protocol Please forgive me. I am friends with a widow of a 80th div. vet and Mrs. bishop is in need of money for home repairs she needs to sell this flag. I am l

Default Kriegsmarine flag

I know this is going against protocol Please forgive me. I am friends with a widow of a 80th div. vet and Mrs. bishop is in need of money for home repairs she needs to sell this flag. I am looking to get all the money I can to help her and I will be posting the flag in the classifieds. Can anyone pm me for a fair price to list the flag.
    Thanks, Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine flag   Kriegsmarine flag  

Kriegsmarine flag   Kriegsmarine flag  

Kriegsmarine flag  
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine flag
    P
    Many

Hello Marty, this is not a Kriegsmarine flag, but rather simply a War Flag that would have been used in any number of places. It is, however, a very nice condition and sized flag and is certainly desirable. It is also nicely maker marked. A KM flag in this size recently sold at Collectors Guild for $595. Some people will pay more for a KM marked flag while others will not, so you can figure an approximate value accordingly.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

William that is where I get confused. I thought for it to be a Kreigs. It needed the stamp mark but I have seen flags for sale on web sites and for sale in other places as a navy flag. This flag does have the reinforced stitching on the end I think it is 6 rows of stitching. I don't know if it affects the price if it is a Kreigs of not. Mrs Bishop needs to sell it I will be going back to her house this week to take better photos. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Hello Marty, As far as I've ever known, to be a Navy flag, they need to have Navy markings. Sure, you'll see them unmarked and being advertised as a KM, but to many folks, they are All Navys. The reinforced wind stitching edge just means that it was intended for outdoor use. Either way, like I said, it's a fine flag in great shape and size and I'm sure it will bring a good price! Good luck!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

a v/nice one.