Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

LAH Metal Car Pennant. Real? Thanks:)

Article about: I am looking for opinions on this LAH car pennant. I know where it has been for many many years so I am confident it is good but I would like some reasurance These photos were taken with a d

Default LAH Metal Car Pennant. Real? Thanks:)

I am looking for opinions on this LAH car pennant. I know where it has been for many many years so I am confident it is good but I would like some reasurance These photos were taken with a digital camera and the color seems slightly off. I would say the Lah lettering is a little more creamy yellow (not bright yellow just slightly more yellow in tone) than it looks in the photos. Thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LAH Metal Car Pennant. Real? Thanks:)   LAH Metal Car Pennant. Real? Thanks:)  

LAH Metal Car Pennant. Real? Thanks:)   LAH Metal Car Pennant. Real? Thanks:)  

LAH Metal Car Pennant. Real? Thanks:)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LAH Metal Car Pennant. Real? Thanks:)
    P
    Many

Default Re: LAH Metal Car Pennant. Real? Thanks:)

It is so easy to make....
    And you have the Hamburg-Amerika Linie ("HAL")

Sorry what does this mean?

this pennant is verry easy to make. If it is LAH, Why not HAL? or the maritime cy?

Ok? Flags, Eagles, Silverware, Awards...Many things are very easy to make... that does not mean they are not good. Are you saying it is your opinion from the photos that this particular one is fake or are you just commenting that these are easy to make? I am just trying to understand what you are getting at exactly. Thanks

The monogram is correct for an early vehicle pennant of the Liebstandarte. The wear on the paint does not appear to be 70+ years old. I would expect black rust where the paint is worn away. The scratches appear to be deliberate. I have owned one of these and find this piece to be very similar. I would reserve final judgement as I would need a hands on inspection. I will move this to the Flags and Banners Forum where you will likely get more response
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I know it is very difficult to tell with this type of item without seeing it in person. It does look 70 years old. The paint is faded and any joints, edges or seams show wear and corrosion. The scratches look like it was poorly stored by someone that did not really care about it.

Could one of the Mods please move this to the flag area? I missed that when I was posting the thread

Oops sorry I am really behind today. You already moved it Thanks