Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Large Kriegsmarine Flag for your review

Article about: Hello fellow collectors, I'm brand new to the War Relics club and fairly new to collecting as well. I have a large WW2 Kriegsmarine flag (200x335) that I can use some opinions on, I'm guessi

JasonZ
    ?

Default Large Kriegsmarine Flag for your review

Hello fellow collectors,

I'm brand new to the War Relics club and fairly new to collecting as well.

I have a large WW2 Kriegsmarine flag (200x335) that I can use some opinions on, I'm guessing it was flown on a large Destroyer or small Cruiser.

1.) Firstly, is the flag original and from the period?
    2.) Secondly, there is a Bismarck stamp on the flag, apparently added after construction. Is this stamp an outright fake stamp only meant to try to increase the value, or is this stamp possibly legit and added post-war for whatever reason?

Thanks in advance for your time and you opinions!

Jason
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Large Kriegsmarine Flag for your review   Large Kriegsmarine Flag for your review  

Large Kriegsmarine Flag for your review   Large Kriegsmarine Flag for your review  

Large Kriegsmarine Flag for your review   Large Kriegsmarine Flag for your review  

Large Kriegsmarine Flag for your review  

2. # ADS

the flag looks legit as for the Bismarck I can not say.

As Harry has put flag looks good but as for the Bismarck stamp cant help you I am sorry to say

JasonZ
    ?

Thank you gentlemen for your posts. I also posted in Wehrmacht Awards and that seems to be the consensus, that the flag is original.

I sure am curious about that Bismarck stamp though, I'll continue my research to see if I stumble on anything and I'll be sure to post my findings here.

Thanks again!

Although this ensign appears authentic, I strongly suspect the "Bismarck" stamp was "value-added" fluff. . .