MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Large Nazi Flag

Article about: Hi all, I came across this nazi flag and I'm hoping someone can help determine if its original. It measures about 36" x 26". It has grommets on all four corners. The swastika is &q

Default Large Nazi Flag

Hi all,

I came across this nazi flag and I'm hoping someone can help determine if its original. It measures about 36" x 26". It has grommets on all four corners. The swastika is "sloppily" cut. Not all bars have the same width and some are not cut perfectly straight with one being extremely not straight.
    Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks
    BillLarge Nazi FlagLarge Nazi FlagLarge Nazi FlagLarge Nazi FlagLarge Nazi FlagLarge Nazi FlagLarge Nazi Flag

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Large Nazi Flag
    P
    Many

The grommets in the corners would make this a vehicle recognition panel. It looks alright at first glance. Fabric and stitching look good.

Regards, B.B.

Considering that it has grommets on all four corners, this would be a vehicle identification flag.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you both.

One question though. With all the talk about fine german craftmanship why is the swastika so sloppily cut.

Quote by BILLG128 View Post
    One question though. With all the talk about fine german craftmanship why is the swastika so sloppily cut.
    As a vehicle recognition panel, it didn't need to be perfect. The soul purpose of a vehicle ID flag was to allow pilots to identify friendly ground vehicles. It didn't need to be perfect, as long as it was easily visible from above. These things were dragged through mud and dust, too, so spending time manufacturing them to a high standard would have essentially been pointless.

B.B.

Love the G.I names on it!

Looks okay from here, not sure if there's sun bleaching going on there or reflection from the glass frame, judging by the signatures (men who captured this flag) a vet bring back !
    Regards
    Paul

Thank you all for the information. I love learning about things like this.