Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Large Third Reich Tapestry

Article about: This tapestry / banner has obviously been shortened but does anyone have any period photos of such a banner in use? If not any suggestions of who / what it was used for or just decoration. I

Default Large Third Reich Tapestry

This tapestry / banner has obviously been shortened but does anyone have any period photos of such a banner in use? If not any suggestions of who / what it was used for or just decoration. Its size is 135 x 280 cm. Thanks, Nic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Large Third Reich Tapestry   Large Third Reich Tapestry  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Large Third Reich Tapestry
    P
    Many

Default Re: Large Third Reich Tapestry

why do i think thats fake.............

I don't know Tom? Looks fine to me.

No idea on specific usage sorry.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

It looks similar to the State Service eagle, doesn't it? Doesn't an Adler facing to the left denote State usage rather than political, or is that incorrect? It's certainly interesting. Though it looks unfinished in it's details, and given it's fragment status, perhaps it was a prototype?

This is likely a generic design without any specific usage.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thank you for all the feedback, much appreciated.

Quote by doomtown View Post
    It looks similar to the State Service eagle, doesn't it? Doesn't an Adler facing to the left denote State usage rather than political, or is that incorrect? It's certainly interesting. Though it looks unfinished in it's details, and given it's fragment status, perhaps it was a prototype?
    I initially wondered the same thing-but the eagles are quite different when you compare them-such as the positioning of the legs, the shield chest and the wrappings on the wreath too. At first, I though-was this some cut piece from a gigantic State flag of some sort-the Germans always did like their enormous oversized decorations!, but no. As Bob says, it could be used for many things. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."