Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Flak vehicle pennant

Article about: Hi all, Here is another vehicle pennant, this one for a Divisional Flak officer, with and without its all weather cover..... (slight differences in the eagle highlight threads, the example i

Default Luftwaffe Flak vehicle pennant

Hi all,

Here is another vehicle pennant, this one for a Divisional Flak officer, with and without its all weather cover.....
    (slight differences in the eagle highlight threads, the example in its cover is slightly lighter than the one without the cover).

The example with the cover also has its original vehicle mounting pole.

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Flak vehicle pennant   Luftwaffe Flak vehicle pennant  

Luftwaffe Flak vehicle pennant   Luftwaffe Flak vehicle pennant  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Flak vehicle pennant
    P
    Many

very nice too.

?

That's a wonderful thing. Very nice.

Very nice , I like it ! Never saw the cover before, was this common ?

Beautiful examples Bob. Thanks for sharing these.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks guys, and to answer your question 'Krabbekrout', they were normally used with a foul weather cover, and the pennant would have an internal wire frame
    to keep the pennant rigid, but there were variations, some were painted onto triangular all metal pennants, and the huge variety of just swastika pennants would
    suggest they were simply flown with no cover until they fell to bits. Maybe Bob C., can elaborate a bit more perhaps....

Bob

[QUOTE=Bob Lyons;1171824]Thanks guys, and to answer your question 'Krabbekrout', they were normally used with a foul weather cover, and the pennant would have an internal wire frame
    to keep the pennant rigid, but there were variations, some were painted onto triangular all metal pennants, and the huge variety of just swastika pennants would
    suggest they were simply flown with no cover until they fell to bits. Maybe Bob C., can elaborate a bit more perhaps....

Bob-
    Your explanation does not need any additional comments. I once had a metal nachrichten Luftwaffe car pennant. it was evidently field made as the art work for the eagle was super crude. Wherever it is today, I doubt that anyone would accept it as period original. I bought it in 1968 from a shop in Chicago next to a restuarant my father ate lunch at. I would drive him there and daily spent an hour in the shop. Very little that came in to the shop got sold before I had a chance to see whatever it was. I got some wonderful stuff out of that place.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks guys... You learn something new here everyday.