Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

My First Flag bring back opinion needed please

Article about: Hi All, I picked up my first TR flag, it was purchased at a show directly from a deceased vets niece who was shopping it around, she said he had passed and they were going through his things

Default My First Flag bring back opinion needed please

Hi All,
    I picked up my first TR flag, it was purchased at a show directly from a deceased vets niece who was shopping it around, she said he had passed and they were going through his things and came upon this flag, I have no doubts its original, I hope. It is sewn together at the ends, and one end came undone most likely from being ripped down from wherever it was hanging, the size is 68x30 and it shows alot of usage/age but one side is faded alot more then the other except for one of the arms of the swaztika remained dark, I believe this was a civilian made flag? and maybe different material/ink was used for the part that faded faster then the rest? also the swaz is thinner then most I have seen, I am not a flag expert but if anyone could help with explaining what this was used for or has any more knowledge then it would be appreciated. Thanks!
    My First Flag bring back opinion needed pleaseMy First Flag bring back opinion needed pleaseMy First Flag bring back opinion needed pleaseMy First Flag bring back opinion needed pleaseMy First Flag bring back opinion needed pleaseMy First Flag bring back opinion needed pleaseMy First Flag bring back opinion needed pleaseMy First Flag bring back opinion needed pleaseMy First Flag bring back opinion needed please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My First Flag bring back opinion needed please
    P
    Many

Default Re: My First Flag bring back opinion needed please

nice original piece imo, it looks early with the thinner swas on it and this can be seen in alot of earlier pictures from the period!

atb

The thinner swastika is not common but is of the period. No problems with this banner.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks guys, I paid 100 for it which seemed fair,
    now on a side note there was another lady trying to sell her dads bring back flag, I overheard her talking to a dealer and he offererd her 400 and told her she had to sell it now, no coming back later, which is BS IMO, so I asked to see it and even with my limited knowledge I knew he was lowballing her, the flag was named to the town of Minden, it was a swaztika flag and heavy as a thick blanket, it had an imperial eagle in one corner and the town patch of minden on the other side in black I believe, it had silver strings all around it and hooks on one end, I told her I would love to buy it from her but I also didnt want her to get ripped off, I only had 500 in my budget and told her the value was easily close to 1000, maybe I was wrong, but she ended up getting 600 for it and broke my heart because I was hoping nobody else would give her over 500 and she would sell it to me! lol, it was a beautiful flag and even though I did help the poor lady get more money for it a part of me wishes I never told her it was worth so much! LOL did I do the right thing?

YES you did imo, i recently bought a hj fuhrer ausweis/shoulder strap to a nachricten hj member in minden!

JMM
    ?

Nice flag and at a good price
    I'm looking for one for some time but in Europe can't seem to find flags at that price

Sounds like a great price for a really nice looking banner/flag, congrats!

Thanks guys, what date would you put on this one, assuming the thinner swaz means its early, maybe 1936?