MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

N.s.d.a.p. Flag ??

Article about: Hello guys ! i just bought this flag it looks OK to me the material and the sutures look original , there is just one thing bothering me, there is this stamp on the back upper right side cor

Default N.s.d.a.p. Flag ??

Hello guys ! i just bought this flag it looks OK to me the material and the sutures look original , there is just one thing bothering me, there is this stamp on the back upper right side corner . i don't know if it's a fantasy piece or if this ( reichkommisar himmler) relay existed
    N.s.d.a.p. Flag  ??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement N.s.d.a.p. Flag  ??
    P
    Many

Default Re: N.s.d.a.p. Flag ??

Himmler held the appointment of Reichskommissar für die Festigung Deutschen Volkstums (RKFDV: "Reich Commissar for the Strengthening of German Ethnic Stock". )

But I have real concerns over this stamp and would like to see the whole flag please.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello , here are the photos , it's a single decal banner . the dimentions are h-88 cm , w-56 cm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture N.s.d.a.p. Flag  ??   N.s.d.a.p. Flag  ??  

N.s.d.a.p. Flag  ??   N.s.d.a.p. Flag  ??  

N.s.d.a.p. Flag  ??  

I must admit like you, the basic drape does look alright.

Always worrying when you find an ink stamp to a unit or person and you cannot be 100% certain of the originality to the piece.

I cannot really say more than that. Let's see what others think?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Yes i know ,what i was thinking is that the stamp is a modern add just to make it more appealing . but there is one problem that this was taken from a basement in California from the son of a ww2 veteran who took it as a souvenir from Europe . and i trust the guy hat gave it to me . so i don't know maybe some of you have seen this kind of stamp before .

The stamp, or reproduction thereof, was at one time for sale on iOffer (although that in itself speaks against the item).
    The flag itself looks very nice, just don't know about the stamp.
    Attached Images Attached Images N.s.d.a.p. Flag  ?? 

I believe the stamp to be a postwar fantasy to enhance the sale of the flag. A period stamp would serve a purpose. I do not see any period purpose to this stamping of the flag.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I cannot comment on the flag itself, but surely the stamp as such makes no sense, and neither does its presence on a flag.

As for the stamp: If Himmler had an official duty seal stamp for use in his function as the RKFDV, it would have been round and had the full title of this office (either spelt out or abbreviated) and not just the "Reichskommissar" portion (there were well over a dozen of different Reichskommissare), while a simple name/title stamp would not have had the national eagle and surely the (again proper) title below, not above the name.

In both cases, as Bob Coleman wrote: Why should the stamp have been on a flag anyway? (Unless this was Himmler's personal, private flag for exclusive use when wearing his RKFDV hat...)

Quote by tudorjuc View Post
    Yes i know ,what i was thinking is that the stamp is a modern add just to make it more appealing . but there is one problem that this was taken from a basement in California from the son of a ww2 veteran who took it as a souvenir from Europe . and i trust the guy hat gave it to me . so i don't know maybe some of you have seen this kind of stamp before .
    It appears that your source tampered with the flag or someone before him. The flag appears to be a genuine period piece that has been enhanced. I did not go to shows for years due to my work schedule. I started buying from someone I trusted. Within a couple of years, I discovered that about 80% of what he sold me were new high end fakes. When it comes to money you will find that few people can be trusted in this hobby.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Smile Re: N.s.d.a.p. Flag ??

yes , i have to say tanks for the help it is as i supposed . i think i will never know the reality behind it's origins although i didn't pay that much on it and i don't regret it ,yet , . OK so it the stamp is a visible fantasy on ioffer , i know that's the first place i looked but from what i can tell the flag is OK it seems to be the real deal .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast