Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Nazi Banner Flag-Authentic??

Article about: A guy wants to sell me a handmade maximum banner flag in near perfect condition. The guy wants \\$375 for it. Can anyone tell from the photos if it is authentic WWII era? Also, is that a fair

I am no expert on these, but I have an Original Balcony banner. It is made of Heavier cloth and the part that is white with the Swastika are sewn on the red banner. The color of mine is darker. From the photos. It appears to me like the colors are too light. and the whole banner is too thin. The cloth looks too modern and you can see through the black Swastika. Note the light on the other side. Looks almost like a screen print.
    Maybe it was a movie prop banner????
    This guy wants way too much money for what you are getting.
    Anyway this is just my opinion.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nazi Banner Flag-Authentic??
    P
    Many

Thank you.
    I didnt see the flags and banners forum.
    I appreciate you moving it.
    Maybe I should just pass on it.

I really believe that you can do better for the money, Anton. It looks to be an authentic period banner-I don't think there's any problem with it, but to put nearly 400 bucks into a flag that you have no way to show to anyone and have it sit on the shelf for as long as you own it-it's just not something you have much use for. These giant flags are Always so tempting, but at the end of the day, you've got 400 bucks sitting there gathering dust.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I'm looking at my banner right now. it is a smaller one that hangs on my wall - without taking up the whole thing. About a 3'x7'... My Swaz is screen printed on a white disc and sewn on - double sided. This can be displayed and I still only paid $100... TR stuff is expensive for many different reasons - 1) Because they lost the war and 2) People seem to enjoy collecting the "enemies" items... There can be countless other reasons - QUALITY of the German product being another.

Anyhow - that banner you want to buy seems legit - although what others have said is 100% correct. You want to drape that thing all the way around the whole room or would like 5-8 flags there as well? I would pass. Too dang big, and too dang expensive. If you picked one up for $50 - awesome, another addition to the collection...

Good Luck!

Duff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2