Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nazi Banner Flag-Authentic??

Article about: A guy wants to sell me a handmade maximum banner flag in near perfect condition. The guy wants \\$375 for it. Can anyone tell from the photos if it is authentic WWII era? Also, is that a fair

Default Nazi Banner Flag-Authentic??

A guy wants to sell me a handmade maximum banner flag in near perfect condition.
    The guy wants $375 for it.
    Can anyone tell from the photos if it is authentic WWII era?
    Also, is that a fair price?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nazi Banner Flag-Authentic??   Nazi Banner Flag-Authentic??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nazi Banner Flag-Authentic??
    P
    Many

?

Looks "Ok" from pics. Hard to tell because the photos are bad. However, the price is a bit high. You can find these around the $285 neighborhood if you shop around. Looks a bit "too" clean as well. Very sharp color, Etc. I would shop the reputable dealers on the web, if you want to know some - ask me or the guys here; we can direct you to good guys....

?

Sorry - didn't see you are someone who has been on the forum for a bit, my mistake. Anyhow - this price seems a bit high... Get close up shots of the swaz and the material for a solid recommendation on the authenticity...

As someone who doesn't collect TR, why do flags seem relatively expensive when most TR stuff is $$$?

I sent him an email.
    I told him I would offer him $200 if it was authentic.
    I also told him:
    I need close ups of the material and swastika.
    I am trying to determine authenticity and whether it is a true WWII vintage flag.
    Also, are there any maker marks on it?
    I would also want pics of where the flag attaches to the pole or where it hangs from.

Keep in mind, though, that these huge street hanging banners ,while being immensely impressive, are almost impossible to display, so at the end of the day, they usually end up folded up and laying on a shelf for years.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

a couple more pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nazi Banner Flag-Authentic??   Nazi Banner Flag-Authentic??  

Looks like a large building street type banner I am not nor have I seen any repo of these I would say it is good from looking at it there might be some ink marks on the cornors or something I have never owned one that large but have a few smaller ones prices on these are increasing like everything else TR I would say in the 250 range the larger the banner sometimes they are cheaper due as Wagriff says the display part. Most of them are not marked as they were sold at NSDAP shops and had a paper price and quality control tag on them. timothy

I meant INexpensive.....clearly several of you figured that out.

Although this appears to be a period piece, my experience is that these monster size flags do not sell quickly and can be had for even less than you offered. As Wagriff says, they can not be displayed and usually end up folded up. Good luck. I am also going to move this to the Flags and Banners Forum.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast