Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Nazi flag and badge

Article about: Hello. I am trying to get some information on some things that my grandfather brought back to the states after serving in ww2. First, I have this flag. I am curious if there is any way to te

Default Nazi flag and badge

Hello. I am trying to get some information on some things that my grandfather brought back to the states after serving in ww2. First, I have this flag. I am curious if there is any way to tell if this may have been something more than an ornament. Parts of it have bloodstains, and there is writing on the flag which says that it was taken in Brahalsdrof. After searching towns in Germany I found a town called Brahlstorf, (I think they spelled the name wrong),near Schwerin where the 8th infantry saw heavy combat. The top of the flag has rings connected, I assume to hang the flag, and there are tassles hanging down from the bottom.

Secondly, I have no idea what this badge is. I assume he brought it home as a souvenier from a town he was in. Thanks so much for your help!
    Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nazi flag and badge   Nazi flag and badge  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nazi flag and badge
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Nazi flag and badge

looks like a political podium banner, has state service style political eagle...

schnellmann
    ?

That badge has a really unusual configuration. Could you send a scan of the whole thing - especially what we can not see now?

The banner was likely designed for hanging on a wall. Is it one or two sided? I agree that the pattern would indicate a relationship to the Nazi Party.
    A nice piece.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

schnellmann
    ?

Quote by schnellmann View Post
    That badge has a really unusual configuration. Could you send a scan of the whole thing - especially what we can not see now?
    More about your badge. It is a civilian, not militay item. It is for a 50th year festival in lower Bavaria - but what year - who knows? The flag will gets lots of comments, because it is a real beauty. I'd still like to see the whole badge...

The banner is one sided. I have seen some pictures of flags like this with the tassles hanging from podiums, just never with the eagle(that I can remember). And I am pretty sure that there is no pin on the back of the badge, but I will try to take more pictures of it in the morning(it is not at my house).

I took some more pictures of the whole badge front and back. i was wrong. there is a pin on the back of it. Interested to hear what you find.
    Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nazi flag and badge   Nazi flag and badge  

schnellmann
    ?

I could be mistaken, but that looks like a harp on the badge. That means whatever the festival was it had something to do with music.