Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nazi Flag/Banner - 14 inch by 20 inch

Article about: Picked it up - it measures 14.5 inch by 20 inch. It is two sided, 2 piece construction with emblem circle 7 inch diameter. It has a coarse rope or string loop on two corners. Does it look ok

Default Nazi Flag/Banner - 14 inch by 20 inch

Pics not the best but any ideas on what this flag is from, its authenticity and value?
    Thanks
    Joe
    Attached Images Attached Images Nazi Flag/Banner - 14 inch by 20 inch  Nazi Flag/Banner - 14 inch by 20 inch 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nazi Flag/Banner - 14 inch by 20 inch
    P
    Many

Default Re: Nazi Flag/Banner - 14 inch by 20 inch

Looks promising but need better photos.

More Photos would be needed of the stiching.

what would this size have been for? I can not find a similar example to compare to.

Quote by josephc View Post
    what would this size have been for? I can not find a similar example to compare to.
    Smaller flags like this could have many uses. Most common were to hang out the window of a civilian home. It could have been carried by a soldier to help identify a German position to the Luftwaffe . It is impossible to determine an exact answer to your question.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thank you all; I believe I will meet with the person to check it out. He actually has two of them. What is a fair price on something like this - $40? 80$ or more etc. Could use some advice on this.

The picture is not the best but when enlarging it looks like the swastika is sewn onto the white circle.

Does it look like the twine loops are a period part?

?

It is difficult to impossible to tell much from the pic friend If the Swastika is sewn on to the flag, i think the white circle should be so as well. I might be wrong though.

Regards, Lars

Did not meet up yet with seller-possibly tomorrow. In meantime I have searched forums and retail sellers for similar examples in prep and found a couple with similar ties but most I have found are printed swastika rather than sewn. Were both printed and sewn emblems found on flags and window banners similar to armbands or is a sewn emblem not expected and a sign of fake on these flags/banners?
    Joe

any advice or comment on what I should look for when I go to check out this banner? sewn vs printed emblem? white background? size of circle? cords of leather?rope?or cloth? Should it be one sided or two sided? thank you, Joe C.

?

They made both printed and multi-pieced construction flags.the multi-pieced constr.are more quality and cost a little more due to higher quality and more sought after. I would pay $50-$80 for print or $80-$120 for multi-piece depending on condition. IMO. Look for ink stamps of names and size.
    Dean.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast