Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSBO Aachen Flag

Article about: Hello, I found this NSBO flag at e-militaria.com I'm a flag collector (not a big one...) and I found this one pretty interesting. Maybe it's catch of the day What are your thoughts? Genuine?

?

Default NSBO Aachen Flag

Hello,

I found this NSBO flag at e-militaria.com

I'm a flag collector (not a big one...) and I found this one pretty interesting.
    Maybe it's catch of the day

What are your thoughts?
    Genuine? Checking the pictures it look's ok to me...but you never know.

thanks in advance
    harti

NSBO Aachen Flag

NSBO Aachen Flag

NSBO Aachen Flag

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSBO Aachen Flag
    P
    Many

An interesting piece but not NSBO. This is a university student council association that is studying legal matters. Not something I have ever seen before but period original.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

e-militaria.com have a number of similar' flags to this one at the moment

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    An interesting piece but not NSBO. This is a university student council association that is studying legal matters. Not something I have ever seen before but period original.
    I agree that it is indeed not NSBO, but otherwise I respectfully beg to differ.

While the term Fachschaft is used also used for student councils, this is not the case here.

It should be noted that, were it university-/student-related, the term Jura (law) would have been used rather than Justiz (justice, judiciary). (One can study Jura, but not Justiz.)

Unless I am much mistaken, the flag is for the NSDAP's Amt für Beamte (Office for Officials/Civil Servants) or the party-controlled Reichsbund Deutscher Beamten (National League of Officials/Civil Servants), which were also grouped in Fachschaften.

There was decinitely a Fachschaft Justiz; other random examples were Fachschaft Reichsbahn (National Railways), Fachschaft Gemeindeverwaltungen (Municipal Administration), Fachschaft Reichssteuer (National Fiscal Authorities) etc. etc.

a great banner very nice.

A nice flag.

Nice looking patch.

I doubt this flag has to do with students. In no regulation, as mentioned in the
    Verordnungsblatt des Reichsstudentenführers, or the regulations for flags
    and creation of Kameradschaften (Errichtung neuer Gemeinschaften)
    and Dienstanweisung für die Kameradschaft im NSF-Studentenbund the
    word Fachschaft was mentioned.
    I have a list of hundreds of names for flags, also from Aachen, but Fachschaft Justiz
    is not amongst them. Not even the word Kameradschaft was allowed to be used,
    just the name for the school and type of school.

The word Fachschaft was merely an indication within the Deutsche Arbeitsfront and so for
    the NSBO ( for example: Amtliches Nachrichtenblatt der Deutschen Arbeitsfront, nr. 15
    from Oktober 20, 1937).
    Sample: in that issue the Fachgruppe "Sozialversicherung" from the Reichsbetriebsgemeinschaft
    "Banken und Versicherung"
    was split up and became the Fachschaft "Krankenversicherung",
    Fachschaft "Rentenversicherung" and Fachschaft "Unfallversicherung", which all again had
    their sub-branches. Such flags as shown were merely used by political leaders and/or DAF-members from
    all kinds of branches (as Reichsbahn, Strassenbahn or whatever) at days like May 1.

As far as I remember students-flags were officially allowed to carry patches. The positioning of honor-names
    had to wait until the war was over. This is noted in Dienstanweisung für die Kameradschaften im NSD-
    Studentenbund
    from April 20, 1943, section Fahnenverleihung/Fahnenordnung.
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 03-12-2015 at 02:10 PM.

?

Hi' guys,

thank you all for your helpful input.
    I'm not sure if I'm going to buy the flag...but it's a very interesting item.
    And what I can see in the pictures I also think it's a peroid piece.