Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSBO Flag

Article about: Hi I was curious about this NSBO Flag on e stand. Something looks odd about it and I think it is the fact that the swastika is not central to the flag. Is this a possibilty or does it mean t

Default NSBO Flag

Hi
    I was curious about this NSBO Flag on e stand. Something looks odd about it and I think it is the fact that the swastika is not central to the flag. Is this a possibilty or does it mean the flag has been messed with. As always any help is gratefully appreciated, thank you, nic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSBO Flag   NSBO Flag  

NSBO Flag   NSBO Flag  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSBO Flag
    P
    Many

Default Re: NSBO Flag

It's good IMO and the price is great.

Thank you for the feedback. Much appreciated, nic.

I agree that the flag is original to the period. Not only is the disc not centered, it is also smaller in diameter than what is normally found. It is likely one of those anomolies that will never be explained. I am sure it is early as it does not meet the normal specifications. Makes one onder if Backnang 1-4 were made the same way.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

hello forum, this is very cool to see!! here is a Bachnang 4 , i think its just an anomaly here!

the quality of these pieces are second to non! i also notice some have spring clips while others have rings for pole attachment

larger daf poduim banner for comparison sizes

atb
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSBO Flag   NSBO Flag  

NSBO Flag   NSBO Flag  

NSBO Flag   NSBO Flag  

Nice flag HJ-collector. As organization flags were kept in the same building, it makes one wonder if both flags were brought back by the same soldier. I once had NSBO Butzbach 1 & 4 which were both brought back by the same GI.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

hi bob, who knows for sure, but the fringe on my example has a black staining to parts of it, the above also looks stained a little aswell! these from 4 and 5 are great to see!

the example i show above has just came from an old colloection started in 1970 the collector stopped in 1990, i bought it from England aswell