Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP 2nd pattern pole top eagle

Article about: I think this one's good but want to make absolutely sure that I'm not wasting my time and money... marked M3/27 plus the RZM symbol, detail seems to check out when compared to other "ap

Default NSDAP 2nd pattern pole top eagle

I think this one's good but want to make absolutely sure that I'm not wasting my time and money... marked M3/27 plus the RZM symbol, detail seems to check out when compared to other "approved of" examples I've found in various forum threads. Obviously mounted by collector for display purposes. That said, this would be my first pole top and I just do not know to what extent and quality these have been reproduced...

NSDAP 2nd pattern pole top eagleNSDAP 2nd pattern pole top eagleNSDAP 2nd pattern pole top eagleNSDAP 2nd pattern pole top eagleNSDAP 2nd pattern pole top eagle

(feel free to move this if it's not in the right sub forum, I only placed it here because I feel this is more related to the actual flags rather than "Art and Exotica")

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP 2nd pattern pole top eagle
    P
    Many

can't see any red flags nice bird.

Thanks for the input! I think it's a good one too and in very nice condition --- something that makes unfamiliar types of items a bit harder to trust outright, genuine items without much visible age I mean...

Open to more opinions and thoughts😃

Without any experience on the matter, does the RZM stamp not look a little 'hokey'?

I don't think that's an issue here, Glenn. Other seemingly accepted examples from this maker also exhibits these more or less identical RZM markings. One thing that seems recurring is the weak imprint of the circles around the RZM inscription at 12 o' clock. I have to say, again, that I like the detail but I'm currently waiting for more detailed shots of the claws etc. because the shots I currently have aren't all that good... lighting is very harsh.

Open to more comments/thoughts

Just wanted to update this thread with the fact that I have had this one confirmed as a very nice original and well known 2nd pattern. Can't wait to add this one to my collection

Sorry amigo, I don't know much about finials. I'm glad you had it vetted because your example looks spectacular.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Thank you, Mark -- I think so too. It will go nicely with my other political bits and so called "exotica"