Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSDAP flag

Article about: I don't know enough of it to recognize if it is original or fake. Please help me!

Question NSDAP flag

I don't know enough of it to recognize if it is original or fake. Please help me!
    NSDAP flag
    NSDAP flag
    NSDAP flag
    NSDAP flag

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP flag
    P
    Many

And as i wrote with the ss helmet better pictures are needed.. close ups of the markings, stitching etc.

As Ullergaard has already stated, better photographs are incredibly important when it comes to evaluating the authenticity of textiles. Period printing and stitching was done in a very particular way, and is easily recognisable to those who have spent a lot of time handling/viewing these flags. In the photographs provided, these characteristics are impossible to make out.

The RZM also set strict proportions for the swastika, scaling alongside the flag's size. Though early flags and homemade pieces did tend to have a wide variation in the size and shape of the swastika, this was straightened out and standardized in factory-produced flags.

Regards, B.B.

?

From what I can see I am not liking the stamps or the material type of the rope / bunting. broken record to what has been said but close ups of markings and material weave and tunnel material will help. Also what are the dimensions?

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

100cm*55cm

I posted more pictures, can you please check? Thanks

- - ------- - -

I posted new pictures, can you help me?

I'd be wary of the 'Berlin' mark, although this is from some limited experience of my own concerning fake British flags. They are stamped in a similar way, and are commonly stamped with the likes of 'Sheffield', 'London', etc. I have no idea if this applies to German flags as well. My own knowledge of ink stamps is virtually nonexistent.

Regards, B.B.

?

any pics of rope / bunting material through the tunnel hoist area and a close up of the Adler? I am not liking it as a an original. As well maybe post a close up of the roundel as well and the fabric as well. Give her the smell and black light test as well. Not always conclusive however.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

I agree with where this is going. The size vs. the center round is too disproportionate to be a flag it more closely looks the way a banner would. And as stated the marks are too over the top for me. When I see that heer style eagle on the bunting it just makes me question why it would be there. Thumbs down for me. Best regards.

Brian

Post war fabrication IMO. Stamps are not believable....even the color of the red field looks off.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast