Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP Foreign Organisation, Palestine National Group - a banner for the Ortsgruppe "Haifa"

Article about: For those with an interest in flags: NSDAP Foreign Organisation, Palestine National Group - a banner for the Ortsgruppe "Haifa" Red naval banner cloth with a white disc in the cent

Default NSDAP Foreign Organisation, Palestine National Group - a banner for the Ortsgruppe "Haifa"

For those with an interest in flags:

NSDAP Foreign Organisation, Palestine National Group - a banner for the Ortsgruppe "Haifa"

Red naval banner cloth with a white disc in the center on both sides displaying an upright black swastika, a brown panel with blue border trim in the upper hoist corner bearing the unit designation "Ortsgruppe Haifa" in white chain stitched embroidery, silver fringe on three sides, and six nickel-plated flagpole rings, the top one missing. Small holes, generally in very good condition. Dimensions 125 x 135 cm.

The NSDAP Haifa local group was part of the Palestine National Group of the NSDAP, whose members were mostly recruited from the "Tempelgesellschaft" (Temple Society) a pietist splinter group of the Württemberg Landeskirche, which had wanted to establish the Kingdom of God in the Holy Land, then a province of the Ottoman Empire, since the middle of the 19th century. In 1938, the citizens of the German Reich in Palestine had the highest degree of organisation of all the NSDAP foreign national groups. To distinguish themselves from the British and the Jews, almost every German wore the swastika, even on automobiles. After the war, Israel paid reparations to German settlers for confiscated property.
    Significant historical object.

Condition: II +

Starting price: 7,500

"After the war, Israel paid reparations to German settlers for confiscated property"...how bizarre?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Foreign Organisation, Palestine National Group - a banner for the Ortsgruppe "Haifa"
    P
    Many

?

Now THIS is something i would love to have in my collection.!!!

?

Quote by StefanM View Post
    "After the war, Israel paid reparations to German settlers for confiscated property"...how bizarre?
    Especially since it was the British(in 1941) who confiscated the property in the first place.

Quote by duska View Post
    Especially since it was the British(in 1941) who confiscated the property in the first place.
    Without getting too political, to be accurate it wasn't British territory but a legal administrative instrument of the League of Nations known as the Mandate for Palestine or British protectorate. One of the objectives of the Mandate for Palestine was the establishment of a Jewish homeland or state.

The remit of League of Nations Mandate system was to administer parts of the defunct Ottoman Empire, "until such time as they are able to stand alone.". So the role of he British was as administrative caretaker of Palestine not one of territorial aggrandisement.

There is a short write-up on this German colony on Wiki here:

German Colony, Haifa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Very interesting. Thanks guys.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Great to see. Fits better in the section for flags TR.

Thy Will be done.

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    I only saw the flag two days ago. Great piece, but unfortunately a bit overpriced.