Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

NSDAP Ortsgruppe Schwerin - Löwenplatz fahne

Article about: Not my photos but my flag Too big to lay out anywhere at home and outside is not suitable this time of year... Anyway, it's rough but a real Ortsgruppe flag. This one is for the Ortsgruppe o

Default NSDAP Ortsgruppe Schwerin - Löwenplatz fahne

Not my photos but my flag Too big to lay out anywhere at home and outside is not suitable this time of year...

Anyway, it's rough but a real Ortsgruppe flag. This one is for the Ortsgruppe of Schwerin - Löwenplatz, which is about 100-150 km east of Hamburg (for reference). All of the rings are missing, looks like the flag was ripped off of the pole leaving them behind A good deal of mothing but nice colours. Nice floating swastika and heavy silvered metallic thread fringe.

All in all I really bought this one for the price... I think it would look nice displayed but seeing as it's heavy and pretty damaged I don't think hanging it is an option.... have to figure out some other clever way of having it on display.

Nothing too fancy but hope you like!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Ortsgruppe Schwerin - Löwenplatz fahne
    P
    Many

I like it a lot, despite the damage it's still an attractive piece, not to mention a desirable flag...I don't know how you intend to display it if it's too heavy to hang...perhaps in a frame? I have a regular Party-Flag in my display, but I keep it folded in my display cabinet, because otherwise the bright red Swastika Flag tends to dominate your display...
    cheers, Glenn

Thanks, Glenn! Lack of display space is the biggest problem... I thought about having it in a frame but then I would have to have it folded up and the folding really adds to the thickness so I have not been able to acquire anything suitable for this way of displaying yet. I think I'll end up modifying a frame to allow it to fit the flag folded up... but even with the folding it's still pretty big and I really don't want it to sag to the bottom of the frame...
    I must admit I was somewhat surprised at its size and weight when I first got it in hand! And, yes... definitely, having it displayed full size would almost have covered my entire main display wall

Many, many years ago, I had a Reichskriegsflagge displayed on the wall...One day, my friend and his wife stopped by for a visit, and the wife just sat there with her eyes totally transfixed on the Swastika Flag...It screams "Nazi!!!" at those who don't collect the way we do...creating the wrong impression. I want folks to see a classy, tasteful Historical German Militaria Display, and not a "Nazi Collection"... I'm sure you know what I mean, lol...
    Just my 2 cents, friend...I'm sure you'll find a creative way to display your treasures...well done!
    Glenn

- - ------- - -

MAP
    ?

Nice one. I like it. I picked up one 2 or 3 years ago as well. Didn't know much about these or their values but like yours, the price was right. Wonder what they are worth and if they are all that rare.

Mine is 46x53 inches. It is from Nieder Losheim (Niederlosheim Saarland near Luxembough Belgium, France border).

Here are some old (i.e. not good) photos.

Due to the size I have it folded and stored away

Michael

NSDAP Ortsgruppe Schwerin - Löwenplatz fahneNSDAP Ortsgruppe Schwerin - Löwenplatz fahne
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Another nice one, thanks for showing! As far as rarity goes, I suppose that every Ortsgruppe had one of these with the locality indicated on the panel...I suppose rarity is more of a challenge when you're searching for the flag from one particular Ortsgruppe, lol...These are rather desirable flags, in my opinion...Paneled flags regardless of the organization they represent have always been prized over the regular Party Banners, which are much more easily obtained...
    cheers, Glenn

- - ------- - -

MAP
    ?

Thanks Glenn,

That's what I suspected. And each Ortsgruppe probably had a number of these as well.

Eitherway, while not displayed it's a valued part of my collection.

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Glenn: I agree with what you said. Displaying the flags full on tends to scream NAZI at most, unfortunately. I have found, though, that it doesn't take much explaining to make them realize the nature of this collecting habit of ours and that it's not attached to any kind of adulation of the Third Reich ideology in any way, rather it's a great interest in the second world war, the story behind each items and the sheer aesthetics of a lot of the TR creations. I know my 2x size Hitler bust has raised some eyebrows in the past though

Michael: Great flag! And thank you for the kind words... I think Ortsgruppe flags are usually $600-700 (at the lowest) plus in nice condition with all rings --- That said, bargains can be had from time to time --- I recently lost out on another nicely priced one from a dealer, better condition than mine but at a slightly higher price. Either way, they seem to be the most common of these flags but still desirable and nice to look at! Kreis, and Gau seems to be more rarely seen... were there Reich level flags of this style btw? Anyone know?

2 nice flags.

My retort to those who do not understand is, "it is always better to be able to collect the artifacts of your enemy than your enemy collecting our stuff. They are totems of victory and nothing more."
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast