Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nsdap pennant look ok

Article about: Just got this with some other things looks to be a string type double sided pennant. How does it look. Eric

Default Nsdap pennant look ok

Just got this with some other things looks to be a string type double sided pennant.
    How does it look.
    Eric
    Nsdap pennant look okNsdap pennant look okNsdap pennant look ok
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nsdap pennant look ok
    P
    Many

Default Re: Nsdap pennant look ok

I have never seen a flag or pennant edged by pinking shears. However, I am sure there are many things that I have never seen before. I would not invest much in to it.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Sorta looks like mine except mine is square

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I have never seen a flag or pennant edged by pinking shears. However, I am sure there are many things that I have never seen before. I would not invest much in to it.
    So do you think its fake?
    Last edited by Eric Zentner; 10-29-2011 at 07:17 AM.

The tie material doesn't look like period tie material, to Me, anyway. That and the stitching goes right through bits of the swastika, so it was either done in a Big rush or very sloppily. So...I hate to say it, but I think that I would give it a pass, myself. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Nsdap pennant look okNsdap pennant look okThe no glo is good to aswell as the brun test?? does is it boil down to stiching on a mass produced item? no glo pics?? back ground is my wifes white blouse and a bed sheet.

Eric

Nsdap pennant look okNsdap pennant look okNsdap pennant look ok
    Quote by Wagriff View Post
    The tie material doesn't look like period tie material, to Me, anyway. That and the stitching goes right through bits of the swastika, so it was either done in a Big rush or very sloppily. So...I hate to say it, but I think that I would give it a pass, myself. William
    Not sure william what is wrong with the tie ribbon?? here is close pics

Eric, It may well be nothing, but the Weave of the cloth on these ties is so loose and open-it actually looks fragile. It's hard to imagine anyone using such material with the intention of tying Knots with it. You would think it would tear if you did-which may be why the one tie is so much shorter than the other? Just the whole overall very low quality of the cloth and materials-as well as the workmanship of the construction makes me stop and hesitate on it, is all. And like Bob mentioned, I do kind of wonder on the unusual "pinking shears cut" on the edges -wouldn't this make it fray faster? And, you asked about the stitching-I can't say that I've ever seen stitching to attach a roundel to anything whether a flag,armband or banner, etc, that's been so far In from the edges of it. I would say there's enough oddities about it that I would give it a bye, myself. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Not seen one quiet like it before, but I see no real problems with it. I just see it as a very cheap version.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade I rather it be a cheap made one than a fake!

Eric

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast