Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP railroad sash

Article about: I have had this sash and another one similar to it for about 17 years. I've never seen another one like it. Anyone know what this is?

Default NSDAP railroad sash

I have had this sash and another one similar to it for about 17 years. I've never seen another one like it. Anyone know what this is?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP railroad sash  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP railroad sash
    P
    Many

Here is the other one. I bought both of them from a nephew of a deceased American vet. The date on the bottom is 1935.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP railroad sash  

Those are flag streamers [Fahnenbänder].

Thanks, I wasn't sure what to call them. The first one is very well made.

1st one is really nice.

I was in a bit of a hurry this morning (off on a summerly day trip). A little more info:

The text on the streamers translates as:

"Dedicated by the Railway Association of Heidesheim Rhh. [=Rheinhessen] and the surrounding region"

and:

"On the occasion of the 30th founding anniversary celebrations
    Railway Association of Groß-Gerau and the surrounding region
    "

Heidesheim and Groß-Gerau are some 35 kilometers apart.

While flag streamers are better known for their use on military flags to display a unit's participation in certain wars, campaigns, battles or events, these are of a strictly civilian nature.

Flags of civilian clubs, associations and organizations in Germany were and are also traditionally adorned with streamers, which are typically commissioned on the occasion of significant events in the respective body's history, such as their founding, special anniversaries, the consecration of a new flag etc.
    They are often paid for and presented by donors/patrons or other organizations with which friendly relationships exist.

(A Google Image search for the term "Fahnenbänder" will yield many present-day examples.)