Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSDAP up for sale!

Article about: Hi people, This set is up for sale here in Belgium. One flag and one small bike flag A bit salty by the looks of it, but I thought I asked some expert advice on it before giving the guy a ri

Default NSDAP up for sale!

Hi people,

This set is up for sale here in Belgium.
    One flag and one small bike flag
    A bit salty by the looks of it, but I thought I asked some expert advice on it before giving the guy a ring.
    What do you think?

All help appreciated !

Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP up for sale!   NSDAP up for sale!  

NSDAP up for sale!   NSDAP up for sale!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP up for sale!
    P
    Many

Hello I think they both LOOK the part. The materials and construction methods of each seem ok IMO. I'm uncomfortable with the amount of markings present on the standard NSDAP flag. I ve never seen one marked in such a manner, it s as though someone went stamp happy and it seems contrived in an attempttry to mislead. I d search for other examples of the size 85x150 if they are uncommon or seem difficult to come across I'd pass. There were millions of these made in period and so in terms of finding another it should be relatively easy, if you cannot then I'd say fake. Wittman militaria has a good site to reference. I d wait for another opinion but it's odd to say the least. Best regards.

Brian

Hi Brian,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
    Good point about the stamping. Might be a German who got lucky with Heidi that night, and went ballistic the next day at work using all the stamps available.

The size 85x150 is not uncommon, but there is no standard stamping manner either, some have no stamps, some have several.
    The look of the fabric, lanyard, stamp font looks pretty ok, same for the pennant, as I'm not convinced on the stitching of the white circle.

But looking forward to other comments or remarks.

Thanks.

No worries. I'm glad to at least initiate the discussion on it.

NSDAP up for sale!

This stamp in particular is the one that gives me doubt. It's pretty much the adler seen on military helmets, I cannot see any reason for it's being there. There's obviosly flags marked for kreigsmarine use but they are typically not found on a jack flag/national flag. And I ve never seen this "generic military" stamp used on any cloth item? Postwar application? I dunno. It's a mystery to me and a "red flag" (pun intended) to my better judgement. Hope all turs out well for you though either way. Kindest regards.

Brian

Good flag with hyped up stamps. I think the stamping is post war maybe to “add value”. If the price is cheap good for it, if the price is close to retail others are to be had with all of the problems with this one.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Hey guys ,

Great input.
    FYI
    Price is 120€ for both. 80 flag + 40 pennant to be correct.
    As far as my knowledge goes, the flag looks good, clothwise that is. Materials used, except for the crazy ass stamping.

Not cheap, but no 500$ either...

Peter

Any thoughts on the pennant?

Peter

Quote by BlackBox View Post
    Any thoughts on the pennant?

Peter
    Pennant is good and good price.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Thanks Marty !

?

Booth are well known fakes¡¡¡¡¡ sizes and stamps are the give away¡¡¡¡ dont buy them¡¡¡¡¡ 80€ for a flag is becasue its a repro xD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast