Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSFK Sturmfahne

Article about: An Ebay find from many many years ago. The unit is from Wurzburg and if one looks closely, the Sturm number's alteration can be seen. It was 15/88 but has been changed to 5/88.

pjm
    ?

Default NSFK Sturmfahne

An Ebay find from many many years ago. The unit is from Wurzburg and if one looks closely, the Sturm number's alteration can be seen. It was 15/88 but has been changed to 5/88.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSFK Sturmfahne  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSFK Sturmfahne
    P
    Many

patrick1974
    ?

Default Re: NSFK Sturmfahne

Beautiful you must have a great flag collection.Is it possible to see flag in full size view??

pjm
    ?

One of these days I'll photograph my flags in full detail. I use a cheap camera with limited flash range so if I need a larger view of something like a flag, I take it outside and lay it on the ground. However, with a foot of snow on the ground now and more to come, I've decided to wait until the thaw. Or, I might get a new camera or devise an alternative with lights.

pjm
    ?

By the way, there was a silver fringed NSFK on the market for some time. It had a light blue corner patch with a bevo Icarus and yellow chain stitched Sturm 2 and Standarte 94 designation.

The Organisationbuch der NSDAP only shows the type of flag I have.

Does anyone know of literature that shows the variant?

Quote by pjm View Post
    By the way, there was a silver fringed NSFK on the market for some time. It had a light blue corner patch with a bevo Icarus and yellow chain stitched Sturm 2 and Standarte 94 designation.

The Organisationbuch der NSDAP only shows the type of flag I have.

Does anyone know of literature that shows the variant?
    Paul-
    I am familiar with the fake NSFK Stumfahne you mentioned. It was an original 4 x 4 flag that had a fake corner patch added by utilizing a NSFK sports shirt Icarus. When I first heard about it, I inquired to the price. A freind in the hobby related to me that after it had been run by all of the big dealers, the guy found out it was a put together. The seller then offered it to me at $2200 after he discovered it was a fake. I love dealers who have integrity!
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

pjm
    ?

We know the way things work. It did sell...or at least it's marked as sold onm the dealer's website. It was a strange piece.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSFK Sturmfahne   NSFK Sturmfahne  

norton99
    ?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Paul-
    I am familiar with the fake NSFK Stumfahne you mentioned. It was an original 4 x 4 flag that had a fake corner patch added by utilizing a NSFK sports shirt Icarus. When I first heard about it, I inquired to the price. A freind in the hobby related to me that after it had been run by all of the big dealers, the guy found out it was a put together. The seller then offered it to me at $2200 after he discovered it was a fake. I love dealers who have integrity!
    Bob, have you had the flag in your possesion, actually seen it other than in photos, or is your opinion based on third hand hearsay?

Is anyone foolish enough to ruin an original Sturmfahne by replacing the Unit patch with a fake?

No, I don't own the flag.

James Nash
    ?

The blue field is for the Munich NSFK. I cannot remember which the red relates to. I am not sure where the rumour that the flag was an assembled piece came from as this is incorrect. The flag is actually spot on, if a little grubby but the condition is consistent throughout and the hand embroidered letters just as they should be. This Munich Sturmfahne was stored in the Braunhause in Munich with the other important flags. The damage on the flag is consistent with shrapnel damage no doubt incurred when the building was bombed by U.S aircraft.

I see no issue with either flag. Nice to know that at least two survived! ..

and just in case you are wondering..yes I own the Munich flag, and no it will not be returning to market!