Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Old Guard" flag info sought....

Article about: Hello All ! I recently obtained an "Alten Garde" (old guard) flag which is 60x90 size. The central emblem is the Golden Party Badge of the NSDAP. It's made of cotton and maker mark

Default "Old Guard" flag info sought....

Hello All !

I recently obtained an "Alten Garde" (old guard) flag which is 60x90 size. The central emblem is the Golden Party Badge of the NSDAP. It's made of cotton and maker marked.

I got it with another - the national war flag: "Reichkriegsfahne" and they are both same size, both one sided, and mint except for some slight creasing from being folded and stored in a drawer.

I haven't found much information or any sales of flags of this type to get an idea of value on todays market. I've read that a flag of this size may not have been official, but that's all I have discovered so far. Would anyone know or have any further info?

I can't post a photo of either flag just now, as my current computer will not support the program for my camera - not enough memory! I'll get this fixed as soon as I can and attach some photos!

Regards.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Old Guard" flag info sought....
    P
    Many

Default Re: "Old Guard" flag info sought....

Sure would like to see that flag. cheers, Raul

I'll try and get a friend to put up the photos for me............................

I also look forward to seeing pictures. I do not wish to sound negative, but there are no known original examples of the Alterkampferfahne in a collection. It is likely that only one existed. Due to the importance of the flag, it certainly would have been hand embroidered. Reproduction printed copies have been around since the late 1960's begining with the many fake printed flags sold by Delta International. I definitely have my doubts that a printed period example ever existed of this piece. As it was likely stored in Munich with other important flags such as the Blutfahne, it was likely either hidden away or is still awaiting dicovery among the souvenirs of an American soldier.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hi, welcome to the forum.

I must admit my first thoughts were the same as Bob's. But let's see some pics first.

Cheers, Ade.

As I was thinking about this thread, I realized, that outside of the illustration in the NSDAP Handbook, I do not recall ever seeing a period phtograph of this flag. If anyone has such a picture in thier files, I would love to see it on this thread.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I am like you Bob: only seen printed fakes and that one illustration.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks for the input guys, it's starting to look suspicious already !
    I did notice by studying some war flags on other sites, that the printing on the bunting is lighter on my examples..................
    If they are repros, I hope the flak helpers cap and the NSDAP armband are worth the $$ I paid for the lot !

I'll try and post photos of everything as soon as I can !

Regards,

Steve.

what year did DI start making fake flags< most say in the 70s you say the late 60s< Do you know what the EXACT year was, I called them and they said they started making flags in 1979...

Here (finally !) are photos of the bogus 'Alten Garde' flag and 'Reichkriegsfahne' I described
    in the post above, posted some 4 years ago. They have been shown elsewhere on WRF
    as well. There have been a couple of these flags on the Forum lately- coming 'out of
    the woodwork' so to speak. I've learned a lot more about them since then.

Whether they are from the 1960's, 70's or 80's, they are
    definitely fake.........!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture &quot;Old Guard&quot; flag info sought....   &quot;Old Guard&quot; flag info sought....  

Last edited by Walkwolf; 05-04-2012 at 06:52 PM.
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast