Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions On This Vehicle ID Flag Please

Article about: I purchased this vehicle ID flag from an on line dealer, Victory Militaria. It was listed as a tank ID flag. It measures 36 inches by 30 inches. My main concerns are that it seems pretty sma

Default Opinions On This Vehicle ID Flag Please

I purchased this vehicle ID flag from an on line dealer, Victory Militaria. It was listed as a tank ID flag. It measures 36 inches by 30 inches. My main concerns are that it seems pretty small, especially for a tank. And the swastika looks like it was sprayed painted on, using a stencil, as some of the edges are fuzzy. Maybe that's how they did some of these. The white disk is sewn on. Good news is that nothing glows under a black light. Is it real? Thanks for your opinions and help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions On This Vehicle ID Flag Please   Opinions On This Vehicle ID Flag Please  

Opinions On This Vehicle ID Flag Please   Opinions On This Vehicle ID Flag Please  

Opinions On This Vehicle ID Flag Please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions On This Vehicle ID Flag Please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Opinions On This Vehicle ID Flag Please

Moved to the Flags, Banners and Pennants Forum. It appears to be a nice period original I D flag.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Are grommets on this style flag steel or aluminum? I saw a similar flag at an antique shop but did not purchase because some grommet missing and ones their were a light metal. Thanks. Joe

Quote by tigertoby View Post
    .... the swastika looks like it was sprayed painted on, using a stencil, as some of the edges are fuzzy. Maybe that's how they did some of these. .
    See THIS THREAD/POST

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    It appears to be a nice period original I D flag.
    I agree with Bob.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Grommets feel heavy. Thanks to all for their opinions and information.

wanted to acguire a vehicle ID flag myself .if you dont mind, how much did you pay. just in case i come across one. that i want to purchase. it will give me some ides anyway thanks

?

From the pics provided i like it. The poor/irregular stitching of the white disc is a good sign. I have a few ID flags and they all have the same type stitching. Generally it looks like they did not paid too much attention to detail on these flags

Regards, Lars