Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

pennant at auction - what is it?

Article about: This pennant is coming up for auction - any idea as to what it represents? Thank you Joe C.

Default pennant at auction - what is it?

This Up ewig ungedeelt pennant is coming up for auction - any idea as to what it represents? I found what the words mean but since it is an auction of WWII militaria can anyone hazard a guess as to how it would be amongst this grouping? A HJ Pennant is also in the grouping.
    Thank you
    Joe C.
    Attached Images Attached Images pennant at auction - what is it?  pennant at auction - what is it? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement pennant at auction - what is it?
    P
    Many

Soldiers brought home many souvenirs with little idea of what they had actually got. They picked up items simply because they looked attractive.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hi Joe,

this seems to be the HJ pennant of a club devoted to the maintenance of local / regional traditions and characteristics.
    It's from Bramfeld...a district of Hamburg.

The club (Heimatverein) was founded in 1895 and still exists today.

Up ewig ungedeelt means in high german "Auf ewig ungeteilt" = in perpetuity undivided.

Hope this helps a little bit

harti

pennant at auction - what is it?

Sorry; but to be honest, I doubt it has anything to do with that specific club. Since the 15th century, "Up ewig ungedeelt" has been the motto of the state of Schleswig-Holstein, whose coat-of-arms is on the banner.

?

Yes...that makes sense.
    I just said: it seems to be

harti

I checked it out in person and it is a two sided pennant. HJ on one and the Up ewig ungedeelt on the other.

I was out bid at auction (by a lot!) sold for $345

Sounds about right price wise. Was that hammer price? As commission would make it dearer of course.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!