Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Picked up 2 ww2 german flags,one is large,opinions

Article about: One is a banner in mint cond.Size is 13 and a half ft long by 3 and a half ft wide.Other is a flag not banner and a lot smaller, didnt measure it, also minty cond.Anyway bought both from vet

Default Picked up 2 ww2 german flags,one is large,opinions

One is a banner in mint cond.Size is 13 and a half ft long by 3 and a half ft wide.Other is a flag not banner and a lot smaller,maybe 6.5x4 ft or so, didnt measure it, also minty cond.Anyway bought both from vets grandson.He thought the larger banner was worth twice the smaller one.I told him the bigger ones dont bring more money and sometimes less because they are hard to display.Well I offered 400.00 for both and he was happy with that.These could have been taken from the factory as they show no signs of use.Both are double sided with a separate roundel with printed swaz.,no doubt in my mind they are original,how did I do?After thinking about it later 300.00 would have been a better price?offer and bet he would have taken that but still think I am safe?They are wrinkled but I can carefully iron them, I use a steam iron with a cotton cloth on top.The sun is peaking through the trees making lighter spots in pics but in hand they are both minty.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Picked up 2 ww2 german flags,one is large,opinions   Picked up 2 ww2 german flags,one is large,opinions  

Picked up 2 ww2 german flags,one is large,opinions   Picked up 2 ww2 german flags,one is large,opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Picked up 2 ww2 german flags,one is large,opinions
    P
    Many

You did very well. It is fine to iron them with no issues.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Thanks td!Yeah the smaller one will display well in the man cave.

?

They do indeed look minty. Great find TC

Semper Fi
    Phil

Seems like a good price to me. It's often the case that the flags have survived well and are in mint condition. For the most case they were folded up in a drawer and haven't been in sunlight for 70 years.

Thanks guys!Yeah Anderson looks like the case here,not molested, a time capsule.I have seen flags with grease and oil stains,and several with GI boot prints where they walked and stomped on them,but I dont blame them,they sure earned it,I probably would have too.