Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question: Battle Flag markings

Article about: Hey again guys, I've been doing some research lately on Axis flags and I just have a question about the markings on German battle flags. I'm looking at one which measures 80 x 135 with the m

Default Question: Battle Flag markings

Hey again guys,

I've been doing some research lately on Axis flags and I just have a question about the markings on German battle flags. I'm looking at one which measures 80 x 135 with the markings LOH. KR FL-80 x 135 in black. Looks to be something maybe flown on a U-boat/E-boat or basic facility BUT I'm not sure about that stamp markings. Not positive what the LOH could be. I know usually you will see also an eagle stamp on these flags near those markings. I've researched all kinds of stuff on the forum which has really helped but I'm still trying to decide if this could be authentic. I know this kind of flag is very desirable and collectable and i'm sure also faked! Anything on this flag look out of place?

Question: Battle Flag markingsQuestion: Battle Flag markingsQuestion: Battle Flag markingsQuestion: Battle Flag markingsQuestion: Battle Flag markings

Thanks again guys

Madman .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question: Battle Flag markings
    P
    Many

Default Re: Question: Battle Flag markings

The flag is original. Sorry cannot help on the "LOH" marking, but I have seen it before. Most likely a makers initials is my best guess?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ahhh, ok! I will take note of that. I've always liked these flags but they are usually out of my price range so I want to make sure to learn as much as I can in case I have my chance on one. Once again, thanks for help Ade! Always much appreciated .

Madman

Hi Mike, I have found out two possible makers:

Ritto-Werk Loh Gmbh, or Christophorus Josephus von Loh. Most likely related companies.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

That is a great looking flag, i had one in my hands a week ago, it was 3m`s long.
    But im out of space for displaying another flag
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    But im out of space for displaying another flag
    Use the ceiling!

Regards

Very nice , I just love the KM flag

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks for the maker Ade . I also love these flags and hope to someday get hold of one. Not something I can really do at the moment with the holidays coming but SOMEDAY! Thanks for all the help guys (again!).

Madman

This is a very good looking original flag as said.........!

A few years ago I joined WRF looking for answers
    about one that I had picked up, bit it turned out
    to be fake. I know what to look for now !
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Ingrid Patrouille View Post
    Use the ceiling!

Regards
    LoL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast