Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RAD flagpole massive bronze casting. anyone seen it before?

Article about: Hello i i already put i up this on other militaria forum and i guess there will be the same kind of reply but i upload it here anyway to see if anyone seen , know or heard about this type of

Default RAD flagpole massive bronze casting. anyone seen it before?

Hello i i already put i up this on other militaria forum and i guess there will be the same
    kind of reply but i upload it here anyway to see if anyone seen , know or heard about this type of early
    RAD top? or you think its a post war fake cast. all opinions are welcome.

Regards Tobias

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD flagpole massive bronze casting. anyone seen it before?
    P
    Many

?

Why do you believe it is early ?
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Because it was sold as an early RAD 1934. and i like this post from WAF

"I like the patina and the gilded swastika. Certainly it would be quite an effort to produce today, although I suppose anything is possible.

There's a book entitled "Kulturarbeit im Reichsarbeitsdienst" that describes the extensive art and design movement in all disciplines as part of the mission of the RAD. It wouldn't surprise me if this pole top is a product of that and intended, as mentioned earlier, as a decoration for a building or honor hall, etc. or perhaps as part of a larger bronze project, like a flag bearer sculpture.

Given the Kraas signature which is very well defined on the piece, the project would have been produced by the Kraas foundry. The Kraas foundry cast bronze works for many German artists of the time and still does today. In fact, there are currently a couple of Kraas marked bronze eagles on the Third Reich Arts website

In this context, it could also be a Berufswettkampf or other Meister project"

this is offcourse just speculations but i been thinking the same, pardon my swenglish

i got both good and negative feedback on this piece so thats why i put it up here.

maybe i was to fast on the trigger and got burned....

?

What do you mean by "Kraas" foundry signature ? This ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD flagpole massive bronze casting. anyone seen it before?  

Quote by Gwar View Post
    What do you mean by "Kraas" foundry signature ? This ?
    That is not the Kraas foundry signature, it is the designer Paul Casberg's monogram. The maker's mark should be opposite the monogram.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I dont mean anyting, that was a reply from another collector.

?

Ralph, my point exactly.. Whoever told Agitatorn or wrote that sorely mistaken, and if casting was done correctly it should have some traces of Imme or Gebruder Cossack's makers marks too..

?

I can go along with the idea that someone may have made something that resembled this for a pillar top or some other decoration for the arbeitsdienstlager, but I don't believe it IS period made.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD flagpole massive bronze casting. anyone seen it before?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast