Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

REAL? Nazi flag/banner from Jutland, Denmark

Article about: Hi guys- I was offered this "original" nazi flag with nice "history" behind it. Is there any concerns i should have when buying it? Authentic? here is the sellers descrip

Kevin Chomicki
    ?

Default REAL? Nazi flag/banner from Jutland, Denmark

Hi guys-

I was offered this "original" nazi flag with nice "history" behind it. Is there any concerns i should have when buying it?

Authentic?

here is the sellers description, this was along with other things he offered me. I erased the $$ part of it.-

The flag is approx. 153 x 72 cm. In red flag canvas. A few small moth holes. 100%original, comes here from Jutland in Denmark. Was used to mark the armor against their own aircraft. Rarely! The owner is an old man - he was in the Danish resistance movement against the Germans.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture REAL? Nazi flag/banner from Jutland, Denmark   REAL? Nazi flag/banner from Jutland, Denmark  

REAL? Nazi flag/banner from Jutland, Denmark  

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: REAL? Nazi flag/banner from Jutland, Denmark

Hi,nice looking flag but i was told by many on this forum to get a small black light and theY with will glow like your white socks or any othe receint made cloth as cloth back then did not have the materials that they have today..and thats not a 100% way of knowing because if it was washed it could light up like a christmas tree...well i hope that helps a little if its not that much money it might be worth the gamble if you dont have a light becuse to me it looks fine....OH,AND BY THE FOLDS IN IT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS FOLDED FOR MANY MANY YEARS...JUST ME I WOULD NOT GO OVER $200 YOU CAN /WELL I ALWAYS FIND FLAGS AND I PAY AROUND $100=$200 DEPENDING SIZE AND CONDITION BUT I LIKE THEM WORN ....

Kevin Chomicki
    ?

I'm trading for the flag, but the guy did want around $500 for it

Kevin Chomicki

?

Thats way to much as you can get a nice state service flag on one of the dealer sites...just serch german state service flage on the top of your computor you should be able to find abought 5 of them ,as for the one the guy wants $500 for you can find the same one if not better for abought $200

Kevin Chomicki
    ?

it is the only one i have been offered, with a nice history behind it, if it is true..

I like it, but am not fond of the moth holes..

kev

?

Well,its only you that can make that choice,as if you like it then go for it,as i just think you can find a better one cheaper thats all ,i like the flag but just a little to much for me.good luck on your flag ,and thanks for posting.

?

This thread relates to a different example...so the last few posts will now be deleted...please, as stated above, be patient...people will reply in due time...

Carl

p.s. regarding these valuation requests...take the time to look on the Internet, it should not take that long to find similar examples...

?

Thumbs down

Not sure what it is, but I don't believe it is a vehicle ID flag!
    I agree with the others it is Way over priced! I would place value at NOT more than $100.
    Since it is more or less a common type I wouldn't give more than $50 for it, but that is me.
    Sarge

kc1
    ?

Go talk to the owner pick his brains for anything he can tell you of the period, it will soon all be lost.

?

The original post was in 2010. I imagine things have moved on.