Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reichskriegsfl. 200x335 Fahnen-Kreisel

Article about: Submitting this flag with hopes it is authentic. My untrained eye has examined these seller supplied pics, but, still would value the help of the experts. Hope to put my eyes on the real thi

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    If you can get it for a decent price, even better! Flags seem to have jumped a bit in price in the last year or so. They're strange, in that smaller ones are usually more expensive than massive ones. Probably due to ease of display. Saw one shared here that was large enough to cover the owner's front lawn.

B.B.
    Im on the hunt for the largest flag made.....price has to be affordable.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichskriegsfl. 200x335 Fahnen-Kreisel
    P
    Many

Quote by MAP View Post
    No. Rolled.

If you want to do it right. Go get some archival acid free tubes. They come with a narrow diameter inner tube and then a wide outer tube that has caps on both ends. They aren't cheap and can be ordered pre cut or standard lengths. I bought a standard length set, cut it down and rolled all my flags around it.
    If I understand you Mr MAP, I need a tube 6.5 feet long?

MAP
    ?

Quote by Von Ritt View Post
    If I understand you Mr MAP, I need a tube 6.5 feet long?
    Michael will do.

There are many places that sell them but check out this link

Masterpak - Archival Acid Free Textile Rolling and Storage Tubes

10 foot, 4.4 inch diameter, 1/8th wall thickness is $55.00. Not sure if this comes with an inner tube so you then buy a 10 foot, 2 inch diameter tube for $28.00.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

If I couldn't find a tube, I'd probably just roll it up on its own and stow it somewhere, maybe wrap it in acid free tissue paper if necessary. As long as it isn't exposed to direct sunlight or vulnerable to moths, there shouldn't be any problems with preserving it.

B.B.

MAP
    ?

This is what the tubes look like.

Reichskriegsfl. 200x335 Fahnen-Kreisel

If you don't want to spend the money then find a wood dowel. Wrap it in cotton or acid free tissue paper and then roll the flag. Then wrap again in acid free paper a few times.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Picked it up this morning. Color is bright and bold. Excellent condition. Fine German family that sold it to me is very happy it will be in good hands. Can't begin to describe my happiness.

It's a good one

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2