Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reichskriegsfl. 200x335 Fahnen-Kreisel

Article about: Submitting this flag with hopes it is authentic. My untrained eye has examined these seller supplied pics, but, still would value the help of the experts. Hope to put my eyes on the real thi

Default Reichskriegsfl. 200x335 Fahnen-Kreisel

Submitting this flag with hopes it is authentic. My untrained eye has examined these seller supplied pics, but, still would value the help of the experts. Hope to put my eyes on the real thing this Saturday. She's big one!

All my thanks.

Best,
    Von Ritt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichskriegsfl. 200x335 Fahnen-Kreisel   Reichskriegsfl. 200x335 Fahnen-Kreisel  

Reichskriegsfl. 200x335 Fahnen-Kreisel   Reichskriegsfl. 200x335 Fahnen-Kreisel  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichskriegsfl. 200x335 Fahnen-Kreisel
    P
    Many

?

Hello,
    I'd say it's a good one. Looks like it's in nice shape too.
    Duzig(Bill)

Looks alright to me too. Proportions seem fine, compared to this photo of another original.

The extra stitches along the edge are for reinforcement, indicating that this one was made to be flown outdoors, likely from a naval vessel of some kind. I know certain sizes of flag can be attributed to certain classes of ships, but the Kriegsmarine has never been my forte.

Regards, B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Looks alright to me too. Proportions seem fine, compared to this photo of another original.

The extra stitches along the edge are for reinforcement, indicating that this one was made to be flown outdoors, likely from a naval vessel of some kind. I know certain sizes of flag can be attributed to certain classes of ships, but the Kriegsmarine has never been my forte.

Regards, B.B.
    Appreciate your knowledge. Learning the Destroyer and the Cruiser flew this size.

Quote by Von Ritt View Post
    Appreciate your knowledge. Learning the Destroyer and the Cruiser flew this size.
    You'd probably know more than me already. I've never looked into these Kriegs flags. Don't own any, and probably won't until I have more space. This one looks near perfect. If I was shopping for one, I'd go for it.

B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    You'd probably know more than me already. I've never looked into these Kriegs flags. Don't own any, and probably won't until I have more space. This one looks near perfect. If I was shopping for one, I'd go for it.

B.B.
    Price is great. Very happy to possibly get my hands on it Saturday. Looked around online for samples and found a couple that sold in 2010 and 2012.

What is the best way to keep it stored? It will be kept indoors. Folding ok?

If you can get it for a decent price, even better! Flags seem to have jumped a bit in price in the last year or so. They're strange, in that smaller ones are usually more expensive than massive ones. Probably due to ease of display. Saw one shared here that was large enough to cover the owner's front lawn.

B.B.

Most advice I've read suggests rolling as opposed to folding. That way, the folds in the fabric won't weaken and fray over time. I have a cardboard tube that I used for my NSDAP flag until I took it out and hung it on the wall. Might be hard to find a tube big enough for yours, though. I don't suppose leaving it out on a shelf will do it much harm, as long as it's away from direct sunlight and kept dust free.

B.B.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Von Ritt View Post
    What is the best way to keep it stored? It will be kept indoors. Folding ok?
    No. Rolled.

If you want to do it right. Go get some archival acid free tubes. They come with a narrow diameter inner tube and then a wide outer tube that has caps on both ends. They aren't cheap and can be ordered pre cut or standard lengths. I bought a standard length set, cut it down and rolled all my flags around it.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast