Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Relic NSKOV Pole top with inscriptions.

Article about: Here is something I believe is quite unusual. A pre-war NSKOV pole top inscribed both sides. Even though someone took a dislike to it post war and did their up-most to destroy it the solid c

mpw
    ?

Default Relic NSKOV Pole top with inscriptions.

Here is something I believe is quite unusual. A pre-war NSKOV pole top inscribed both sides. Even though someone took a dislike to it post war and did their up-most to destroy it the solid construction has meant it survived quite well. It looks to have been buried for some considerable time too which has removed the nickle silver finish.

Relic NSKOV Pole top with inscriptions.Relic NSKOV Pole top with inscriptions.Relic NSKOV Pole top with inscriptions.Relic NSKOV Pole top with inscriptions.

An online search seems to indicate that Kreis Schlochau was a district of Prussia fro 1818 - 1945. As from 1939 was known as Landkreis Schlochau which indicates the pole top predates this event.

Schonau (now Drzonowo) is a small parish village south of Balenburg (now Bialy Bor).

I can't find a translation for Selbst Stutzpunkt so would appeciate any help!

Mark.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic NSKOV Pole top with inscriptions.
    P
    Many

mpw
    ?

Here are a few photos to show the lengths and effort that went into trying to destroy this artifact.

Relic NSKOV Pole top with inscriptions.Relic NSKOV Pole top with inscriptions.Relic NSKOV Pole top with inscriptions.

Looks like it was bent twisted until the finial snapped off then discarded. Unfortunately the missing finial may have had the makers mark of the famous Munich company Otto Gahr.

mpw
    ?

Despite a hard life traces of it's former glory can just be seen. Look carefully and traces of red paint can still be seen.

[attach=config]608540[/attac

Mark.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic NSKOV Pole top with inscriptions.  

Quote by mpw View Post
    I can't find a translation for Selbst Stutzpunkt so would appeciate any help!
    The first word is abbreviated; spelt out, it's "Selbständiger Stützpunkt" [= i.e. an independent/autonomous local group/branch/office].

Stützpunkt is most commonly found in a military context meaning base, point of support, liaision office, outpost etc., but it is also found as an organizational/adminisitrative term. For example, a small NSDAP group even below Orts [town-] level was also referred to as a Stützpunkt.

mpw
    ?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The first word is abbreviated; spelt out, it's "Selbständiger Stützpunkt" [= i.e. an independent/autonomous local group/branch/office].

Stützpunkt is most commonly found in a military context meaning base, point of support, liaision office, outpost etc., but it is also found as an organizational/adminisitrative term. For example, a small NSDAP group even below Orts [town-] level was also referred to as a Stützpunkt.
    Thanks for that Andreas. Schonau (Drzonowo) appears to be quite a small village when driving through on google earth street view.

Rgd's Mark.

mpw
    ?

Relic NSKOV Pole top with inscriptions.Relic NSKOV Pole top with inscriptions.

Although damaged the quality of casting on these early pole tops still shows and to me all the scars seem to give it character.

not the sort of thing you want to be caught with in the east.

mpw
    ?

Here is another NSKOV pole top with inscription found via google and another from our site.

(help. unusual N.S.K.O.V pole top with named towns in Belgium and Germany. dealer baffled.)

Relic NSKOV Pole top with inscriptions.Relic NSKOV Pole top with inscriptions.Relic NSKOV Pole top with inscriptions.Relic NSKOV Pole top with inscriptions.

I believe the later ones were mass produced in aluminium and not marked with towns. If anyone knows of anymore with inscription please let me know.

Thanks, Mark.